Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here

Hello all. 
I’m unsure about posting here and I don’t know what to say. I have been holding a lot of feelings in for what feels like my entire life. I know I can’t and shouldn’t share my story here. But I do want to say this has been a long time coming. I have been dealing with childhood trauma for around 26 years as I am now 31 years old. I have also been dealing with trauma from r*** for 13 years. I have told my therapist about it in the past but I have recently had to get a new therapist and I have yet to tell her because I don’t feel comfortable yet. It’s a huge thing to trust someone with. 

Anyways. That’s why I wanted to join this cite. I wanted to be able to share my story with people who not only listen and empathize but who can understand my pain on some level. I hate that anyone can understand my pain, but it is nice not to be alone actually. 

That is my short version of my story and I don’t know if that was too much to say at first. I’m sorry if it was and this post gets moved. I wasn’t sure how much was too much to share. 

thanks for reading and being here for me

QDear needtoheal

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

1 minute ago, missfrier said:

QDear needtoheal

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Thank you so much!

Hello Need2Heal.

Welcome to AfterSilence. i am very sorry for what you've been thru when you were a child, as well as your later teens. It was never right for someone to hurt you so. You have found a very supportive community tho, with many understanding and kind members. You are not alone.

Building trust takes time, that is so true. I am sure that you and your new T will build that foundation with a little time. 

What you wrote is fine for this forum. You used good judgment to to keep it brief, with just the basics as why joined. You can share more in the private forums and if you decide to, you can do a full story in our "Share Your Story" forum, which will open to you after 10 postings. Of course, anything you decide to share, is up to you. 

I am glad you have found our community and decided to reach out. It's brave to face the trauma you've been thru and try to work thru struggles that are a result of them. I wish you best wishes as you continue down your path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome to AS, Need2heal828! I'm glad you found your way here, though I'm terribly sorry for what you've experienced. You didn't deserve any of what happened to you. You've struggled for so many years with these feelings, and I'm so sorry for that. But you are no longer alone, and you are in a place where you can share what happened to you. You will find a lot of very kind and supportive people here. ❤️ 

I hope that you are able to form a good bond with your new T and then be able to open up to her, too. But take your time. It took me 2 years to open up to my T, so it's different for everyone.

Like Mary said, what you posted is fine for this forum, so no worries. :) 

Take care. Sending you lots of support!

-Finch

Welcome @Need2Heal828 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.