Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi there, i’m new here.

Hi, you guys can refer to me as Rose or my username. My accident was recent and from a guy that I really trusted. It’s been rough since then. Im hoping that this and going back to therapy will help me cope. Does it ever go away? The triggers and unwanted thoughts? I’m just happy to be here. Reading other peoples stories makes me feel that I’m not so alone as I once thought. 

Hi @redroses

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to help each other heal. Sometimes connecting with other survivors can help you know that you are not alone in how you are feeling. Healing is a long process filled with ups and downs but things will get better over time. While the feelings and triggers may never go away, their intensity will lessen over time and you will be better able to handle them. Through therapy you will learn coping skills to help you take back control. You can and will heal. I wish you all the best and hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. Take some time looking around and then post and share whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading and browsing the site is fine too. 

Hi there Rose and welcome.

I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you are facing. Trauma is unfair and undeserved...nobody has the right to hurt another this way. You have found a very supportive community with many who understand all you are going thru. You are not alone.

It is real courage to reach out, so this is a good start. Healing can be a frustrating journey, but as snmls mentioned above, tho "it" may never go away, you can learn to deal with the effects and move forward to more better days, than bad. I am glad you decided to reach out. I do wish you many more forward steps as you begin your journey.

Mary

:notalone:  

Welcome @redroses to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  In my experience it never 100% goes away but does get easier to cope with as you learn to manage it better.  I don't think about what happened to me nearly as often as I used to and I barely get any nightmares anymore.  So there is hope.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.