Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Trying something new

I have an amazing therapist and supportive husband and a solid group of chosen family. But I can only talk about it so much. I feel like a broken record. I dont want to keep working through my abuse but i know i have to. Its hard to say and feel things that nobody wants to hear. Its too heavy to carry with me though and last time it wasnt dealt with and it led me down a more abusive path for years which i only recently found my way back from. Im nervous about this but i know i need more help. I have been through this too many times and i dont get better at it, just more defeated. 

Hi and welcome to After Silence!  Though I am sorry to meet you under these circumstances, I am glad you are here.  This community is truly wonderful and has proven to be a godsend for me. I, too, have felt like a broken record in the past (a feeling made stronger when my own husband would tell me that ‘no one wants to hear about it’) and I have never felt dismissed here; only supported and validated.  

I hope that you will soon feel the same way and that you’ve found a safe place to talk things through with others who can relate and understand.

You should soon hear from a member of our Newbie Support Team with some helpful information and links but until then, know I am just a holler away if you have any questions or concerns. :) 

Again, welcome - and I wish you well on your healing journey.

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi there, Oneofthosedays and welcome.

I am very sorry for the abusive experiences you have got thru, but do know you have found a truly supportive community. The members here are understanding and kind. You will never have to fear that this is too much for us to hear, as we all know that sometimes we need to express ourselves, ask questions, need support and try to process what we have been thru. We are here for you and hope you come to feel that you are a part of this community. 

Feel free to look around the site and interact where and when you are most comfortable. I am glad you decided to reach out, I know that it isn't always easy to do so. I wish you the best as you continue your journey with us and I am certain you will find many steps forward on this path of healing. 

Mary

:notalone:   

Hi @Oneofthosedays

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. I'm happy that you have a good therapist and support system, but I understand that it can be hard to discuss trauma with people who haven't experienced themselves. That is why a site like this can be so helpful because we all understand what each other is going through. This is such a kind and caring community and we are all here to support each other and help each other heal. You are never alone here and you are always welcome to open up and share whenever you feel comfortable. That is what we are here for. Take some time looking around the site and then feel free to post whenever you feel ready. Just reading posts is also okay! If you need any help navigating the site, don't be afraid to reach out. 

Thank you all @Capulet @MeBeMary @snmls for the very warm welcome. I have recently found out about unknown abuse from my teenage years by my brother, now i am dealing with it all over again as if it happened yesterday. I also discovered my childs biological rapist father has moved back to the area uncomfortably near me. We are in the process of relocating to a new city. My husband took a job and my son and i will follow in a few months. I work full time and am in school pursuing a new career path. I am alone in this town of terrible memories and trauma without my main support. Im hoping this website will give me a community and outlet for all this shit. I just dont want it to consume me. I want to continue to better my life. Thank yall again, it means the world. I never dreamt of support to this magnitude because i was always afraid to shamelessly speak out. I am making it my mission to take control back of this narrative and and not be ashamed of others actions or protect them, no matter my relation to them. 

Welcome @Oneofthosedays to After Silence.  I'm glad you have some support in your life and hope this place will provide some extra support.  For me sometimes it feels better to talk to someone who has gone through something similar.  I hope you find this to be a very healing place.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear oneofthosedays

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier