Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Peak a boo

First post makes sense. I'm here because I'm lost. This reminds me of when I had to write a little story about a grape, but I'm not going to write gibberish about my grape yelling at the sun, again. That was obviously me projecting because most goth kids are anti-sunlight. We hiss, and lie in darkness...until I decided I just want to be comfy.

Hello, I am a perpetually exhausted dead cat hybrid and a none spiritual hermit. Who happens to know hermits were hired to entertain nobility in gardens. Poor hermits.

10628575_10154705188245105_8018772118840362514_n.jpg

Welcome @Rot_hither to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome to AS, @Rot_hither! I'm glad you found your way here. :) You sound like a very interesting and creative person. Do you enjoy writing then? We have a Healing Through Creativity forum on the site that maybe you'd like to post in some time...share with us your creativity!

I am sorry for what you've experienced that brought you here. But you are among friends now. You'll find a lot of really supportive and friendly people here. I wish you all the best!

-Finch

Dear rot_hither

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Hello @Rot_hither and welcome.

I'm sorry for what you've been thru, but do know this is a very supportive site. You are not alone.

Feel free to look around and interact where you are comfortable. Reaching out is such a big step. I wish you many more on this journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu: 

9 hours ago, mini.finch said:

Welcome to AS, @Rot_hither! I'm glad you found your way here. :) You sound like a very interesting and creative person. Do you enjoy writing then? We have a Healing Through Creativity forum on the site that maybe you'd like to post in some time...share with us your creativity!

I am sorry for what you've experienced that brought you here. But you are among friends now. You'll find a lot of really supportive and friendly people here. I wish you all the best!

-Finch

I haven't written in yeeeeaaars. But that and art were my life blood. I have to admit though, I don't think I should be here because my suffering is miniscule compared to what everyone here has gone through. 

1 hour ago, Rot_hither said:

I haven't written in yeeeeaaars. But that and art were my life blood. I have to admit though, I don't think I should be here because my suffering is miniscule compared to what everyone here has gone through. 

Aww, maybe you can get back into writing and art some time? I feel you, though...I haven't written in ages, and I draw very rarely now. But they're such good coping strategies...maybe both of us can get back into them eventually. :) 

You do belong here! Trust me, you belong. Try not to compare your trauma to others. I did that a TON when I first joined. I didn't think what I went through was "bad enough" to be here. It took a little while, but I found my belonging. I love this community, and I think you will, too. You are allowed to be here. ❤️ 

43 minutes ago, mini.finch said:

Aww, maybe you can get back into writing and art some time? I feel you, though...I haven't written in ages, and I draw very rarely now. But they're such good coping strategies...maybe both of us can get back into them eventually. :) 

You do belong here! Trust me, you belong. Try not to compare your trauma to others. I did that a TON when I first joined. I didn't think what I went through was "bad enough" to be here. It took a little while, but I found my belonging. I love this community, and I think you will, too. You are allowed to be here. ❤️ 

Life does get in the way of coping. Sometimes you even forget to breathe properly.

Eh. Yeah, I know I shouldn't compare, I just have the mindset that if I didn't lose an arm or a leg, I can handle life and people who need the help get the attention they deserve. :)