Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Another Newbie

Hi there everyone,

i created my login for this over a year ago (I think) but it has taken me this long to actually read anything or post anything online. Feeling very nervous and vulnerable. 

Just come out of another really dark time, and am now determined to start dealing with those demons head on. I'm hoping this is the place to help me do that.

Welcome to AS, @Nicky242 - though circumstances are not ideal, it is nice to see you here. 

I understand completely that reluctance to jump in, especially if you were in a tricky frame of mind when you first joined.  What matters is that you are here now, and you are supported and definitely not alone.  Feel free to browse our many areas and post when and where you are comfortable.  You should soon hear from a member of our Newbie Support Team with some helpful information - until then, I am just a holler away if you have any questions or concerns!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Welcome to AS, @Nicky242! I'm glad you decided to post. You're not alone here. It's normal to feel nervous and vulnerable, especially in such a new environment that discusses what you've gone through. I'm so sorry for what you've experienced that brought you here. But I am so glad that you are now ready to start healing. You've definitely come to the right place! I will send you a message in just a bit with a couple helpful links. Sending you strength and support. ❤️ 

-Finch

Hi there Nicky,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all you've been thru and the struggles that you still face. It is so unfair that the struggles last long after the trauma itself. You will find tons of support here, as our members truly are understanding and kind. You are not alone.

I am glad you remembered us. You may have needed time to try out a support community, but remembering we were here...when you were ready for it...is truly a wonderful forward step. Healing is a journey that we take in our own time and at a pace we can deal with. So remember this, as you look around. We will not pressure you or require more than you are willing to handle at any given point.

Do feel free to look around tho. I find that it often makes new members comfortable just to see how it all works. From there, you can jump in when you are ready. I do wish you the best as you begin to navigate this path we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome @Nicky242 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear nicky

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier