Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I’m new!

Hi, I’m new here.  A friend recommended this to me, so here I am.  I’m in therapy for past trauma resulting in PTSD.  Nice to meet everyone…

I’m a single mom and a teacher.  Not sure what else to say…

@RainbowRose Welcome to AfterSilence! A moderator should be in contact with you soon if they haven't already to also welcome you and give you the lay of the land here, so to speak. This is a site where you will find a lot of support and healing on your journey. Healing is a difficult process, but you already took a big step by reaching out on here.

:supportu:

Welcome to AS, @RainbowRose! So nice to have you here. I'm glad your friend recommended us. I'm so sorry for what you have experienced, though. It was undeserved, and none of it was your fault. I'm glad to know that you're in therapy. Have you found that it helps? PTSD is a demon to work with, but therapy can help so much. Thank you again for joining and for reaching out to us. I will send you a PM after this with some helpful links. Best wishes!

-Finch

Hi, @RainbowRose - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so happy your friend recommended us! This place has been a lifesaver to me and I have recommended it to people as well :) Therapy is a great step towards healing, and I'm hoping we can help you get there too! 

If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to reach out to me anytime. I'm around almost every day and will respond as soon as I am able! Sending lots of good vibes your way. 

All the best,
Poppy

5 hours ago, RainbowRose said:

Hi, I’m new here.  A friend recommended this to me, so here I am.  I’m in therapy for past trauma resulting in PTSD.  Nice to meet everyone…

I’m a single mom and a teacher.  Not sure what else to say…

Hi RainbowRose (I like your user name :) ),

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you currently face. It is unfair and undeserved that anyone hurt you, but do know you have found a wonderful community and will find tons of support. You are not alone. 

It's a big step to reach out. I know it isn't always easy and does take courage. I'm glad you were recommended to our site. Feel free to look around the community and jump in when you are ready. I wish you many, many forward steps on this path we call healing. 

Mary

:notalone:  

Welcome to After Silence, @RainbowRose! I love your username. I wish that the PTSD and whatever happened hadn’t brought you such suffering. At the same time, I’m so glad that you found this community. You are not alone, and you deserve to heal and thrive. We’re here to listen and support you. ♥️

Welcome @RainbowRose to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.