Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Happy to have found you....

Hello to you all. I am beyond happy to have found After Silence. I have been silent for 20 years, quietly suffering and telling myself that it was not that bad or that it was my fault. I will be silent no more. Time does not heal all wounds, so I will allow myself to begin participating in my healing journey. I am not ready to share with my family or friends, so I am grateful for this online community. I have been reading some of the stories and I am in awe. I have come to realize that we are warriors. Despite what this life has handed down, we are all still here fighting. May God (by whatever name you have given to your higher power) bring comfort and healing to you, and to me. 

Hi, @Trauma_Unknown - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so happy you found us :) I know started a healing journey can be so scary, but you've come to the right place for support on that journey! AS is filled with lots of loving and caring souls that truly wish peace and happiness for everyone. 

I know how you feel about not being ready to share with friends or family. There are so many risks when you take that step. I never intended to tell my parents what happened to me, but my hand was forced and the outcome was not what I had always hoped for. This is truly a safe space to share whatever you need to and it's completely anonymous! Take your time looking around the site and post when you feel ready. There's absolutely no pressure here :supportu:

If you have any questions or need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to me anytime. You're not alone! 

Wishing you strength and comfort,
Poppy

@Trauma_Unknown Hello and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers: 

It's never too late. This community offers support and comfort any time. You don't have to suffer in the dark anymore. Please know that we believe you, and that none of this is your fault. 

When I read that you've went silent for 20 long years, I feel sorrow and sincere sympathy. However, that you'd finally raise your voice is so inspiring! Now I am in awe :supportu: It's okay not to tell friends and family right away. We need to take things at our pace. You're right, we're fighters, we're warriors. We all come with our own battles, but we can fight them together. 

So good to have you here. Come as often as you'd like. 

All best

- W ☀️

Welcome to AS, @Trauma_Unknown! We are glad that you found us, too. :aswelcomesu: 

I'm so sorry though for what you've been through. You didn't deserve it, and you aren't at fault. After 20 years of silence, you are now ready to open up and start healing. You'll find a lot of kind and supportive people here that will help. ❤️ Best wishes to you!

-Finch

Welcome @Trauma_Unknown. I'm so glad you found AS. This really is a wonderful, supportive community. I hope you end up finding it to be as helpful as I do. It is never too late to start healing. 

Welcome @Trauma_Unknown to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi Trauma_Unknown, 

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am truly sorry for all you've been thru, but happy that you have found us. I certainly know how it can be to let the years go with denial as your best friend. You are right tho...that we...including you, are warriors...doing our best to find the right way down this winding road we call healing. 

I'm glad you have looked around and encourage you to do more. Interact where and when you are comfortable. You will find this such a supportive community. I wish you well as you continue your journey in healing. 

Mary

:youcanheal: