Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

24/7 HELPLINE for Survivors

RAINN.org has two helplines for Survivors of sexual assault/abuse. One is a phone line which can be used by people in the US. The other is an online text/chat helpline available to anyone with internet access. 
These helplines are open 24/7 for safe, confidential conversations with trained understanding counselors. The RAINN.org website also has a lot of good information, as well as local resources for people around the world.

Click on the links below:

Help is available 
Speak with someone today 

National Sexual Assault Hotline
Hours: Available 24 hours 

Edited by feralcat
  • feralcat changed the title to 24/7 HELPLINE for Survivors

Great information @feralcat, I  went to try rainn but chickened out, I mean I'm not American so I didn't know whether I could use it or not.

I used to talk with Samaritans but idk... I used to worry if I told them too much.

@Free2Fly You can use the online text/chat line. It’s like Chatzy, where you type and then they respond… I’ve used it probably a dozen times and always felt better afterwards… Theres often a short wait, like 5 mins or so, so you have to be patient. But I think it’s worth it. 🌟

@forestmistheather I’ve found them to be really helpful… Especially if you’re feeling overwhelmed or having bad flashbacks, or it’s 2am and nobody else is around. I just thought it was a good resource for folks to know about… 🌻

Edited by feralcat
4 minutes ago, feralcat said:

@Free2Fly You can use the online text/chat line. It’s like Chatzy, where you type and then they respond… I’ve used it probably a dozen times and always felt better afterwards… Theres often a short wait, like 5 mins or so, so you have to be patient. But I think it’s worth it. 🌟

@forestmistheather I’ve found them to be really helpful… Especially if you’re feeling overwhelmed or having bad flashbacks, or it’s 2am and nobody else is around. I just thought it was a good resource for folks to know about… 🌻

Yeah I know of chatzy... Long story don't ask. But yeah I might check it out if I get the courage.

Yeah it's worth waiting if it helps I guess, either way thank you feral.

RAINN is a wonderful resource. I have used their online chat feature quite a few times. You may have to wait a little bit to connect with someone, but it is a good outlet for when you need support and want to talk with someone.