Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey!

I don't even know how to start. I don't even know of I'm doing this right. I was sexual abused by my brother for many  years. It's a littler blurry on the time line be because I pushed it down for so long. I'm adopted so my brother used the excuse that we weren't real  siblings. I'm 22 now and finally told my mom what happened. I need to talk about what happened but she won't listen. So I'm hoping if I talk on here it will help. So if anyone has questions or comments that would be great.

Hi, @TeaganMT - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry that you had to face abuse at the hands of your brother and I'm also sorry your mother isn't there for you to confide in. When I told my mother about my assault, she didn't believe me so I know how you must feel. I hope that being here gives you a safe outlet to talk about what's happened and shed light on a very dark situation. I know that everyone here is very supportive and you ARE believed here. We want you here and we want you to find healing. 

If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to reach out to me anytime! I'm around :) Again, welcome! 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

Dear teagan 

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Hi there, Teagan,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all the abuse that your brother put you thru. It was unfair and undeserved. No excuse is valid, none. I'm sorry you are lacking support, but do know you will find tons here. Our members are very understanding and kind. You have a safe place to speak, interact, and share. Feel free to do so at your own pace.

As for the blurriness, it's not uncommon. It is difficult enough to process as an adult, let alone when you were a child. So do know this is not something that is isolated to you. Many here, including myself, can relate. 

Altho I am sad you have reason to be here, I am glad you have found us. You are not alone. I wish you the best as you begin this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome to AS, @TeaganMT. I'm glad you found your way here, though I'm terribly sorry for the abuse you've suffered. My brother was also my abuser, so I can relate there...same with things being blurry. You're not alone. I'm sorry that you're not getting support from your mom...she should be there for you in times of need. But we are all here for you. Trust me, you'll find a lot of really supportive and kind people here. Sending you strength and support!

-Finch

Welcome @TeaganMT to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

@TeaganMT Welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

First off, I am sincerely sorry about your trauma and pain. Please know, that this is not on you. We believe you, and you have nothing to be ashamed about. 

Whatever your relations are, he had no excuse to force you into something you didn't want to. It's okay if the timeline is a bit blurry, that is completely normal. When something traumatic happens to us, we need to be allowed to process. We need to be able to share our voice, so that we can start our healing journey.

You did right by coming here. I am proud of you for reaching out. It's sad that your mother won't listen, but that does not imply that you should lock your story away. 

After Silence is a safe place, where our kind members form a wonderful support system. This platform is a great source of support and a chance to connect with fellow survivors.  :notalone:

I wish you the very best upon your healing. Feel free to contact us staff with any questions. 

All best

- W ☀️

Hi Teagan,

We can see by all the responses that there are others who are willing to listen to you, and I am willing to listen to you.  You made a great start sharing your story and anytime you need to a listener, we are here for you.  I'm new myself but I read your post and wanted to let you know that despite what happened to you, you've already shown strength just in sharing as much with us.  I'm hoping the very best for you.