Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi. I am new here and figured I would introduce myself. I have lived through a lot of trauma starting when I was a toddler. I joined to connect with people. I have a hard time connecting with people or even talking to people. Hopefully this will help. Look forward to interacting with everyone. 

Welcome, @_Nikki_!!

I'm sorry to hear that trauma has led you here, but am hopeful that the connections you will make here will greatly contribute to your healing success. ❤️ To be able to correspond with others who understand the impact of sexual trauma has been SO helpful for me.

Take your time looking around!  I look forward to getting to know you.

Best wishes,
Capulet

26 minutes ago, _Nikki_ said:

Hi. I am new here and figured I would introduce myself. I have lived through a lot of trauma starting when I was a toddler. I joined to connect with people. I have a hard time connecting with people or even talking to people. Hopefully this will help. Look forward to interacting with everyone. 

Heya , welcome in too the amazing group , you've definitely come top the right place , share as much or as little as you like . Only what you're comfortable with ❤

Thanks. I am a really open person and find talking about my experiences to be super helpful. Unfortunately, I live in an rural area with little to no resources. I have some friends but anytime I talk to them about things I feel like I traumatize them with just my stories.  

2 hours ago, _Nikki_ said:

2 hours ago, _Nikki_ said:

Thanks. I am a really open person and find talking about my experiences to be super helpful. Unfortunately, I live in an rural area with little to no resources. I have some friends but anytime I talk to them about things I feel like I traumatize them with just my stories.  

Hi Nikki,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all the trauma you have endured, but you found a very supportive site. Our members are truly understanding and kind.  What happened to you was unfair and undeserved. I hope you know this. Many times survivors are all stuck with this unjust self-blame. There is never an acceptable reason for anyone to do this to another. Never.

I understand about how difficult it is to speak to others. They don't fully understand. I am glad you do have a group around you, even if talking with them is not something you feel comfortable doing. Hopefully, with a little time, you will feel comfortable with us. The best way to start is to look about the site and see how much of what you are dealing with is relatable with others. Jump in or start your own conversations, when you are ready. There is no rush, nor judgement. You are accepted here, without reservation.

I am glad you have found us and wish you the best as you try to navigate this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Hi @_Nikki_

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a wonderful community filled with kind and caring people and we are all here to help each other heal. Sometimes connecting with other survivors can help you to feel less alone and validate your emotions. You are welcome to post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just browsing and reading posts is fine too. I hope you end up finding this site to be as helpful as I do. 

Welcome @_Nikki_ to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hello @_Nikki_! Welcome to AS! I'm glad you found your way here. I'm sorry to hear what you've been through, though, even starting from when you were a toddler. You did not deserve any of it. You'll find a lot of very kind and supportive people here. This is a huge step you're taking in the healing process and in practicing opening up and talking to people more. I wish you well. ❤️ 

-Finch

@_Nikki_ Hello and welcome! I am Wanna :flowers:

I hope that you've gotten a chance to browse this site a little by now. You'll probably find that we talk about anything here, from just plain life to trauma and how to cope with that. I understand that you've gone through a lot, and admitting that to yourself that a huge effort. Well done on that!

I very happy you decided to give After Silence a shot. Our community keeps various kinds of survivors, and our members form a wonderful support system. 

Hope to see you around here. Take all the time you need to settle in, and remember that us staff are here for you.  :aswelcomesu:

- W ☀️

Dear nikki

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier