Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

I’m so stuck that I can barely write an intro. I thought I’d at least say hello and that I’m glad I found this site. I admire the courage of those who share and I hope to open up as time goes by. 🙏🏻

Heya , how you doing ? 

You've definitely come too the right place , share whatever you feel comfortable with and at you're own pace ❤❤

There is no rush on you too share with us and you've made a good start by coming here . 

Hi Kylie,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all you have been thru and the struggles you are facing right now. You comment on courage, which I don't want you to discredit yourself with. Reaching out is courageous. Saying that first hello is courageous. Deciding to work on your healing is courageous. I am sure many more courageous steps will come. 

Take your time to look around and jump in when you feel comfortable. There is no rush, but plenty of support, encouragement and validation. I am glad that you have found us. 

I wish you many steps forward as you travel down this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Edited by MeBeMary

Welcome @Kylie86 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome to AS @Kylie86! I'm glad you found your way here. You've found a great place to find support and a community full of kind people. ❤️ I'm sorry for all you've been through, and the feeling of being stuck is one I think many can relate to. Sending you strength and support. Take care!

Thank you all for the kind welcome! Im amazed how nervous I am to be involved in an online support group so your words truly help. Though we are individuals we share an unfortunate common thread and It’s encouraging to hear other voices speaking words I have kept inside for far too long. 

Dear kylie

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Hello, 

I had signed up a few months ago thinking I was ready to handle everything, but it became too much. I’m back again now and wanted to reintroduce myself and say hello to all of the people here who have made me feel less alone already. Thank you for being here.