Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I’m new, feeling super lonely so here I am.

Hiya, I’m from the UK.

I’ve very recently gone to the police about my rape (which happened a few months before) but since I’m at uni I feel so lonely. The friends I thought I was close to before don’t seem to like me as much and I’m away from my family. I feel so lonely and it hurts, it’s so painful. I just wish I had a friend or a lover to talk to about my feelings. Most of my friends don’t even know I’m going to the police, before since I was closer to them, I wouldn’t mind telling them but now I feel like I can’t.

Hi BillieMay,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what happened to you a few months ago. It was unfair and undeserved. I am also sorry you are struggling without support right now. I know it makes things more difficult to process alone. You will find a community filled with understanding people here who do understand and will support and validate you. You are not alone. 

Feel free to look around our site and interact where you feel comfortable. It does take courage to reach out, so I am happy you decided to do so. It's not an easy path, but we are here for you. I wish you well as you find your way forward on this healing journey.

Mary

:notalone:  

Dear billiemay

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome @BillieMay to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  It's very normal for survivors to experience isolation.  I'm glad you found us!  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Hi and welcome! I'm new here as well. In awe of your strength already. Be kind to yourself as you process and heal. I'm sorry you are limited in your in person support. Willing to listen if you have need. Best wishes.

16 hours ago, BillieMay said:

Hiya, I’m from the UK.

I’ve very recently gone to the police about my rape (which happened a few months before) but since I’m at uni I feel so lonely. The friends I thought I was close to before don’t seem to like me as much and I’m away from my family. I feel so lonely and it hurts, it’s so painful. I just wish I had a friend or a lover to talk to about my feelings. Most of my friends don’t even know I’m going to the police, before since I was closer to them, I wouldn’t mind telling them but now I feel like I can’t.

Heya ,

I'm sorry for what you're going through and feeling alone . Well let's be friends . We all can be friends . You are not alone anymore as we are here for you . 

You can talk too us anytime you want too . ❤