Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Nice to meet you all

Hello to all,

I have been trying to find a sexual assault survivor group in person but, Covid is making this healing process a bit more difficult. I was thrilled to find this site and be a part of the community. I recently saw saw of my good friends for the first while since the I didn’t and couldn’t help but feel so distant now. I am looking forward to being a part of this community. 
thank you. 

Welcome to AS @SmilingThroughIt:aswelcomesu: I'm glad you found your way here, though I'm sorry for what you've experienced that led you here in the first place. But you've come to the right place. Covid has definitely messed up a lot of things IRL, but you will find a lot of support here. So many kind people like you wouldn't believe! I wish you all the best. Take care, and take your time exploring the site. ❤️ 

-Finch

QDear smilingthroughit

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome @SmilingThroughIt to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi, @SmilingThroughIt - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you were able to find an online community in lieu of an in person one. I know it's different, but I'm hoping we can still help and make a difference in your life. I know this community has been an absolute life saver for me! 

If you need anything, feel free to reach out to me any time :) 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

Hi @SmilingThroughIt and welcome to After Silence!

Totally understand COVID making things difficult - many can relate to having to form connections virtually because the conditions of the pandemic have persisted.  I hope that being here helps you to connect with others who can relate to your experiences. ❤️

Again - welcome.  We support you!

Welcome to our community, SimilingThroughIt.

I am very sorry you have reasons to be here, but I know you will receive tons of support. Our members truly are kind and understanding. This pandemic has made things more difficult, I know. We are here for you tho. You are not alone.

Feel free to look around. Interact at your own pace and where you feel comfortable. There is no pressure. It does take great courage to reach out tho, so I do want to acknowledge that courage. I wish you the best on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone: