Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hello all

I'm new to this and reaching out is something I struggle to do.  I'm here to take the next step in my recovery. The hope is that I can find a way to cope with and move on from trauma.

I've already posted elsewhere, but never got to do a proper intro. Thank you to the admins that helped navigu this site. I've been on and out of talk therapy for the past 3 years, but I've yet to really connect with anyone that really *gets* me. I've lived alone throughout the pandemic, and have no social supports outside of work still

Hi!  I am a new member too. I understand how you feel as I have done lots of different types of therapy (talk, EMDR, CBT, SE somatic experience has been the best for me)the last three years. I have always felt as an outsider to everyone else and I am also lacking in the support department. I know how hard that is and to start to try to connect with others. This is my first post. Just wanted to say hi.  

It's wonderful to meet you. I'm sorry for the pain you've endured/ enduring. Hopefully you can find comfort here. The outsider thing is very real. I often feel like I have to apologize for myself when I'm around others. 

2 hours ago, Vitacry said:

Hello all

I'm new to this and reaching out is something I struggle to do.  I'm here to take the next step in my recovery. The hope is that I can find a way to cope with and move on from trauma.

Heya,  you've come too the right place ❤

We are here for you when you need us and share as little or as much as you like . Whatever you are comfortable with .

Welcome to AS , @Vitacry! I'm glad you found your way here. Reaching out can be very difficult, so I'm proud of you for doing so. You've taken a huge step in the healing process. :) I'm sorry about what you've gone through, though. You didn't deserve the trauma you experienced. I wish you all the best. Sending you lots of support! ❤️ 

Welcome also to @PixieCat and @Moving forward!! :aswelcomesu:

2 hours ago, Vitacry said:

Hello all

Hi Vitacry,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you face. I know it's not easy to reach out, so kudos to you for doing so. You will find this community filled with understanding and kind members. You are not alone.

Feel free to look around the site and jump in where you feel comfortable. I wish you the very best on this journey we call healing. 

Mary

:supportu:  

1 hour ago, PixieCat said:

I've already posted elsewhere, but never got to do a proper intro. Thank you to the admins that helped navigu this site. I've been on and out of talk therapy for the past 3 years, but I've yet to really connect with anyone that really *gets* me. I've lived alone throughout the pandemic, and have no social supports outside of work still

Hi again, PixieCat!

I hope you are doing ok today and feeling a little more comfortable on the site. Remember, I am always available, if you need anything. 

Mary 

1 hour ago, Moving forward said:

Hi!  I am a new member too. I understand how you feel as I have done lots of different types of therapy (talk, EMDR, CBT, SE somatic experience has been the best for me)the last three years. I have always felt as an outsider to everyone else and I am also lacking in the support department. I know how hard that is and to start to try to connect with others. This is my first post. Just wanted to say hi.  

Hi Moving forward,

Tho you directed this comment to Vitacry, I wanted to extend a warm welcome to you, as well. I'm sorry you have felt like an outsider, but in many ways we are all outsiders here...so we can be outsiders together, if that sounds ok to you. You will find tons of support here, when you are ready. Wishing you the best as you begin this journey here with us.

Mary

Welcome @Vitacry to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear vitacry

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Hi @Vitacry -  Welcome to After Silence.  

I'm so sorry you have reason to be here - those are never favorable circumstances.  However, I applaud you on your decision to take the next steps in your recovery!  :)  We're glad to have you.  You are definitely not alone and I hope that being here among others who understand will demonstrate exactly that.

Best wishes,
Capulet