Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello again

Hi everyone! Though I am technically not "new" I haven't posted in AS for several years. I was part of another community for sexual assault survivors and I lost that community. Since losing it I have been wanting to come back to AS, but just haven't until now. I hope to be a source of support here in addition to receiving support.

@Hiddenstars Hello and welcome back to After Silence! I am Wanna  :flowers:

I assume we haven't met. Nice to meet you! Since this community tends to shift a bit regarding active members, you'll probably make many new acquaintances. We have some "veterans" left as well. 

I do hope you'll be able to continue your journey here. I am sorry you lost your community, building that kind of relationship to a group takes time. You don't have to own up for the support your receive here, just leave some kind words and advice whenever you feel like it. After Silence is in first hand here for you  :supportu:

Feel free to DM us staff if there's anything new you'd have questions about. 

Take care 

- W ☀️

42 minutes ago, Hiddenstars said:

Hi everyone! Though I am technically not "new" I haven't posted in AS for several years. I was part of another community for sexual assault survivors and I lost that community. Since losing it I have been wanting to come back to AS, but just haven't until now. I hope to be a source of support here in addition to receiving support.

Heya,  how are you ?

Hello hiddenstars

Welcome back to After Silence!  I'm so sorry that  things are still tough for you.   We are all still here to support you.  You don't have to do this alone.   Please remember that you are always welcome to lean on us  for support.  We are always willing to listen.

Sending lots of support,
missfrier

1 hour ago, WannaMoveOn said:

@Hiddenstars Hello and welcome back to After Silence! I am Wanna  :flowers:

I assume we haven't met. Nice to meet you! Since this community tends to shift a bit regarding active members, you'll probably make many new acquaintances. We have some "veterans" left as well. 

I do hope you'll be able to continue your journey here. I am sorry you lost your community, building that kind of relationship to a group takes time. You don't have to own up for the support your receive here, just leave some kind words and advice whenever you feel like it. After Silence is in first hand here for you  :supportu:

Feel free to DM us staff if there's anything new you'd have questions about. 

Take care 

- W ☀️

Nice to meet you as well! Thank you for the warm welcome.

26 minutes ago, missfrier said:

Hello hiddenstars

Welcome back to After Silence!  I'm so sorry that  things are still tough for you.   We are all still here to support you.  You don't have to do this alone.   Please remember that you are always welcome to lean on us  for support.  We are always willing to listen.

Sending lots of support,
missfrier

Thank you so much for the support. It's nice to see some familiar names. 

Just now, Hiddenstars said:

I'm doing alright. Just started trauma work in therapy and it isn't my favorite. How are you?

I'm alright thanks,  it's good you're back 🙂

13 minutes ago, 8888 said:

Welcome back @Hiddenstars!  It's good to see you.  I'm not sure how much things have changed since you have been here but if you have any questions at all don't hestiate to PM me.

Thank you! I've popped in and browsed a few times through the years, but I'll make sure and reach out of I need anything.

2 hours ago, Hiddenstars said:

Welcome back! I'm sorry you are still struggling, but as you see, many of your friends are still here...plus many new ones, as well. I'm sorry you lost support in the other community, but we welcome you back with open arms! 

:hug:  

8 minutes ago, MeBeMary said:

Welcome back! I'm sorry you are still struggling, but as you see, many of your friends are still here...plus many new ones, as well. I'm sorry you lost support in the other community, but we welcome you back with open arms! 

:hug:  

Oh it is so good to see you! I'm glad so many familiar people are still here. I'm thankful for this space.