Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Start over

This is SJ (Sparkling Jedi) nickname. Can't even say my first name, as even my first name gives me away online and publicly. Here for...just looking. Can't really say why. 

Just here. Can't really delve into explaining my interests. Those are also online. No point in introducing myself. Just a person represented by a green eye avatar, with some history. My intro, then, will remain without any information. As some of us are more public profile than others. 

If you feel you have to move my writings elsewhere feel free to. No explanations necessary. Just inform me of any change.  

I'm simply here because of past experiences. In survival and living mode.

Thanks. SJ

Edited by SparklingJedi

Dear @SparklingJedi

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Thank you for the welcome. 💖

Welcome @SparklingJedi to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  Also, just so you know forum posts that aren't in our public forums are only visible to registered members.  Status updates and blog entries are public unfortunetly.  If you have any questions about this or anything else feel free to message me.

Hi @SparklingJedi

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community filled with wonderful people. We are all here to help each other heal. You never have to share anything on the site you don't want to. Many members choose to not to disclose certain things. Whatever makes you feel most safe and conformable is fine. Also it is okay to just look around. Sometimes just reading other's posts can be helpful. There is no requirement to post or share on the site. 

If you need any help navigating the site, don't be afraid to reach out. Wishing you the best. 

Thank you for the welcome.

Hello there @SparklingJedi and welcome to After Silence, I am Wanna. :flowers:

I also choose to not give away my name here, not just for safety reasons. This is my safe spot to share whatever is on my mind without having to mind mean gossip, and I hope you'll find the same comfort here too. You don't have to share anything to feel uncomfortable with, just take things your pace. As @8888 said, only certain posts are available for non-members. 

This platform is a great way to connect with fellow survivors, to always sense support and no judgement. Please know, that we believe you. I am sincerely sorry about your trauma and your pain, you carry no guilt in this. Sending my best towards your way :supportu:

- W ☀️