Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

hellos

Hi!  I am new to the forums here.  I signed up for a few of them to see if anything "fit's" better.  I am trying to find healthy ways to cope, I had a very unhealthy way of coping with my past, stopped that (in recovery now), but now I have nothing to help me cope, and I am left with some raw emotions.

About me, I am 38. (I am told I LOOK 30 HAHA) It's so hard to describe myself because I am in such a dark place. I used to love drawing, crafting, and cross stitching.  I don't get much pleasure in that at the moment, but it will come back.  (this is normal for me, I go through phases.  don't worry)  I do looooove persian cats.  They are soo cute.  I have two persian cats right now, and they are the absolute love of my life.  I would say I am obsessed with persian cats. They are my favorite breed.  I love other animals as well.  Octopuses (Octopi?) owls, I love watching those deep sea documentaries with those odd looking creatures of the way too deep sea. 

QDear  nocturnalpixie

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome @nocturnalpixie to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  Also, persain cats are awesome!  I love animals myself.  

16 hours ago, nocturnalpixie said:

Hi!  I am new to the forums here.  I signed up for a few of them to see if anything "fit's" better.  I am trying to find healthy ways to cope, I had a very unhealthy way of coping with my past, stopped that (in recovery now), but now I have nothing to help me cope, and I am left with some raw emotions.

About me, I am 38. (I am told I LOOK 30 HAHA) It's so hard to describe myself because I am in such a dark place. I used to love drawing, crafting, and cross stitching.  I don't get much pleasure in that at the moment, but it will come back.  (this is normal for me, I go through phases.  don't worry)  I do looooove persian cats.  They are soo cute.  I have two persian cats right now, and they are the absolute love of my life.  I would say I am obsessed with persian cats. They are my favorite breed.  I love other animals as well.  Octopuses (Octopi?) owls, I love watching those deep sea documentaries with those odd looking creatures of the way too deep sea. 

Hello!! Welcome to AS. I'm glad you found your way here. You'll find a lot of really kind and supportive people on the forums. It's a great idea to find healthy ways to cope like this. I'm so sorry for what you've gone through. You didn't deserve any of it. It can be so hard to handle, which is why we go to those unhealthy coping mechanisms...but I'm proud of you for being in recovery. ❤️ What a huge step in healing!

Hehe I'm 32, and I'm told I look 21, so it seems like we are both of the younger-looking types. 😄 Always a nice compliment I think lol. I hope your enjoyment for your hobbies comes back. Aww, kitties are adorable! So glad you have them in your life. Oooh I like those documentaries, too...it's so cool to see those deep sea creatures! Some are so weird looking!! 

Take care, and I wish you the best!

-Finch

Hi there, nocturnalpixie,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the reasons that find you here, but do know you found a very supportive community with many understanding members. What you went thru was unfair and undeserved, but we are here for you. The struggles seem to find us, well after the initial abuse. Finding others who really know what it is like has been a blessing to me.

We have a creativity section, if you come to a point you would like to share. We have quite a few artist members and it can be a therapeutic way to help ourselves. It is up to you.

I love cats as well, tho I have a domestic shorthair, a tabby named Shyla. Persians are beautiful, but I know that the shedding would be the end of me. LOL. I can understand how your two furbabies are loved so much. They are such a soothing presence in our lives.  

Feel free to look around the site. Interact where and when you are ready to do so. There is no pressure, only support, when you are ready. I wish you the very best as you move down this path we call healing.

Mary

:supportu:

ACTUALLY... (lol)  if shedding is a thing you hate, a persian is a wonderful pet choice  They actually don't shed as much as some other cats, BUT the fur they do shed is so fricken long sometimes.  I swear, i found a hair once that was 6 inches long., of my youngest.  the problem is, they get a lot of mats.  But, if you go to the groomer, and get what's called a lion shave (and it's so cute, they shave everything except for his mane and a little poof at the end of his tail so he looks like a lion) there is virtually No shedding... This is coming from someone who wears mostly black clothing, with an almost white (he's actually apricot colored) colored kitty. 

About the boards, thank you for being so welcoming.  It seems very supportive and non judgmental from what I can see.  I think I am going to feel comfortable here, 

On 4/11/2021 at 9:25 AM, nocturnalpixie said:

Hello and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am sincerely sorry for your pain and struggle to cope. I assure you, you're not alone with that. Trauma hits us in many ways and we cannot always know how to deal with it. Luckily, this community carries kind members with great advice. We support each other here, and this is a place for you to heal at your own pace. We tend to relate to each other here :notalone:

Your hobbies sounds lovely. I understand if you struggle feeling joy to them right now, I sure have been there too. Don't put pressure on yourself to do anything, just take good care of yourself. I for one love cats too! 

Wishing the very best upon you

- Wanna ☀️

Hi, @nocturnalpixie - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you found this community. I hope you're finding your way well around here! I know I'm a little late to your introduction, but I've been swamped! Hope you're doing well :throb: If you should need anything or you just need someone to talk to, feel free to message me any time :) I'm here for the long-haul! 

Wishing you the best on your journey,
Poppy