Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I just want to say hi

Hi, @Lostforsolong - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you found us :)  I know sharing your story can be difficult, but this community is full of people that will listen and support you in whatever you decide to share here. 

If you need anything at all, I'm just a quick message away! Feel free to shoot me a message any time. :throb: Again, welcome! :aswelcomesu:

Best wishes,
Poppy

Welcome to AS! I'm glad you found your way here. ❤️ I'm sorry though for what you've been through. It can be really difficult to share your story, so take your time. Just know that you will find a lot of supportive and kind people here that will help. Sending you well wishes! :aswelcomesu:

-Finch

Hi Lostforsolong,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have experienced. It was undeserved and unfair. You will find much support here, as our members are understanding and kind. You are not alone.

Feel free to look around the community and begin to interact where and when it is comfortable for you. It was very brave to reach out and try a group like ours. I am glad you found us. I wish you well as you continue forward on this path we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: 

Dear lostforsolong

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome @Lostforsolong to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I feel a little more hopeful.

I thought I had dealt well with it but really I've spent a lot of time avoiding situations that triggered me. I don't want to let it steal any more of my life. Thank you to those who mentioned healing, I've had just accepted that "this is how I am now" and I don't want that anymore. 

Best wishes 

Edited by Lostforsolong
I was interrupted by my daughter