Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi...I’m new.... and nervous

Hi everyone....

just wanted to say hi..

I am new here and still finding my feet. I am hoping, that by coming here, it helps me talk about things and maybe make some good connections with people that understand my emotions 💔

lots of love 

Rachal1

Hi @Rachal1 and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am deeply and sincerely sorry for your trauma and pain, please know we believe you. Your story matters, and you carry no guilt in this. You are being incredible strong for taking that first step towards healing. In order to process, we need to be vulnerable at times and accept help from others. That is not always easy, but we support each other here. This platform is a great way to connect with other survivors, exchange advice and finding thus who can relate. 

Survivors actually tend to go through similar phases when healing, which makes us understand each other in a remarkable way. I hope you'll find what you're searching for here. :notalone: You share just as much as you'd like. 

If you would have any questions or need to vent/chat, us staff always has doors open. Feel free to browse the website a bit. Once you feel ready to share, After Silence will be there for you! 

Wishing you the very best

- Wanna ☀️

Thank you....this means a lot. 

I think that I am just feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. I feel that talking will help...it’s just quite difficult. 

Rachal

Just now, Rachal1 said:

Thank you....this means a lot. 

I think that I am just feeling a bit overwhelmed right now. I feel that talking will help...it’s just quite difficult. 

Rachal

I get you. Even if you've been out of denial for some time, putting yourself out there for help can be a lot. You might re-experiencing certain memories or emotions. You'll maybe realize even more about your past. 

The more we talk about it, the more it takes off the edge. It takes effort, but if you're patient with yourself and take things your pace, it will get easier with time. 

Here for you. Deep breaths! 

- W ☀️

Hi @Rachal1,

I am so sorry for what this person did to you!  

Very glad that you have reached out for support on AS.  😊

Please know that you are among people who understand and support you.

Take gentle care and be kind to yourself.

Tsabu  :hi:

Yes....both. It is hard to speak to them...I am trying though. The police say it may be too soon and to try and seek support from people who have been through similar. It has only been, just 3 weeks now so it is all still unfolding. 
Feels like endless medicals and meetings with police....xx

Is good that you have contacted them.  

It is okay and understandable that it is hard to speak to them.  I am sorry that you are enduring the medicals and meetings with the police.  I know it has to be done, but I can only imagine it would be so difficult.  :(  

Sitting with you in support......as you go through this difficult time.  

Tsabu  :hug:

Hey @Rachal1!  

I couldn't help, but read everything above.   I am so sorry what you've experienced!!  It is very unfortunate that anyone has to experience any kind of abuse.  However, that is what this site is for, to help other's and show other's that they aren't alone and they have people who can help and relate. 

I understand where you stand and your position with the police, it is all very overwhelming and even frustrating at times.  I can say though, that through time, things will get better.  You will start to feel better as well.  And I'm with Tsabu when she says that you just need to be kind and gentle with yourself.  Everything will slowly start to get through time and patience.  

Hugs if you'd like!! 😇:hug:

~Celia

@Rachal1 I completly understand, you are not alone.  We (myself and all the other survivors here) will always be here!!  This is one site you can most certainly depend on for support and comfort.  :hug:

Feel free to look through the forums here.  I know my favorite is the Humor and Silliness area under "Just a silly phase I am going through." 🤗😇 It brings a smile to my face and includes a little humor day-by-day for me.  Maybe it will for you.  Also, if I may suggest (this was something suggested by another survivor here @Capulet) you can always start your own blog here to vent, maybe share things, or just talk about your daily life.  Up to you!! 😊😇

~Celia

Edited by Celia

Ow, if you'd like to talk about it, you're more than welcome to.  You can talk about it here, in other forums, or you can message me if you'd like.  I hope you're doing alright, please be nice to yourself. 

~Celia

Welcome to AS, @Rachal1! I'm glad you found your way here, though I am so so sorry for what you've been through. You did not deserve that. And so recent, too. *safe hugs* You will find a lot of support here, as I'm sure you can already tell. I wish you well. Sending you lots of support and comfort. ❤️ 

-Finch

@Rachal1 Welcome to AS, I am so sorry for what has led you to us though. 

Understandable that you are overwhelmed. Take your time, there is no pressure to speak, only if and when you're ready. 

Sitting with you, if that's ok. 

Dawn

17 hours ago, Rachal1 said:

Hi everyone....

just wanted to say hi..

I am new here and still finding my feet. I am hoping, that by coming here, it helps me talk about things and maybe make some good connections with people that understand my emotions 💔

lots of love 

Rachal1

Hi Rachal and welcome.

I am very sorry for what you have been thru and I understand the shock that goes with something so recent. I am sure you are filled with confusion and fear. To say these are normal feelings is so wrong, tho it is true. How could you not have so many mixed feelings? I do hope you realize you did not deserve to be hurt and nobody had this right to hurt you. 

I am glad you decided to reach out here tho. As you already see, we have many wonderful and supportive members. You are not walking this path alone. 

Take your time and take a look around. You can interact as little or as much as you feel you are capable right now. Wishing you the best as you begin this journey we call healing. 

Mary

:notalone: