Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I’d like to say hi

So, hi :). 

I think something happened - or rather has been happening to me. And I don’t know what to do, I can’t talk to anyone in my environment. 
I’ve been much better for some time but now again I think I’m depressed. I realize nothing could substitute professional mental help, but I would like to try becoming a part of this community. 
It is “a” step for me, because for a long time I didn’t feel like I deserved support. I’m still not sure that I do, but I guess I really need some. Something. 
Also maybe I’ll be able to do offer anyone else a little  relief by just listening. I’ll do my best. 

Ok, so this is me. Hi, everyone. 

QDear galaxxy

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome to AS, @galaxxxy:aswelcomesu: This is definitely a big step for you. Even just posting this introduction is a big step. Recognizing that you deserve support is HUGE. You DO deserve support, and you will find it here. There's a lot of supportive and kind people on AS. I'm glad you joined. Take your time exploring. Sending you lots of support and well wishes. ❤️ 

-Finch

Hello @galaxxxy and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am sincerely sorry for your trauma and its affects on your mental health. You deserve help, please don't doubt it. Your struggle is real and depression is a serious condition, coming in different forms.

Whatever happened to you, we believe you. A community cannot substitute professional help, you're right there (unless its supervised by professionals but this is not the case). We are all survivors or secondary survivors, with our own battles and struggles, but stronger together. Being in a community is a great way to find healthy coping, and is a crucial part of a support system. 

This platform carries wonderful members who form a warm support system. This is a place to relate, exchange support and get advice. You can share just as much as you want. Aside from trauma, we talk about anything here, including just plain life. Reaching out to a community can also make it easier trusting friends and family or professional help later on.  :youcanheal:

I really hope you'll find what you need here. Please let us staff know if you'd need anything at all. Check your DM for further information. 

Wishing you the best of luck! 

- W ☀️

Hi galaxxxy,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry for the trauma you've endured and the struggles you are currently facing. You have found a very supportive site with many understanding and kind members. As you begin to look around and when you feel comfortable, you can start sharing what you went thru and what you are going thru now. There is no pressure, just take it at your own pace.

If you are hurting and you need support and trying to find ways to heal, you deserve to be here. We often think that about ourselves, but it's not true. There is no excuse for anyone to hurt us and there is no line on who deserves support. We accept you and validate your experience. You deserve healing and we are here for you.

I wish you many forward steps as you continue this journey we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello, friend. 

I honor your grief and the sorrow of your experiences.  We will not look away from your pain here, nor will we devalue you. What happened to you is not your fault. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to process trauma. Your depression is not a character flaw. I see your light and the precious being that you are. May you find relief, comfort, nourishment, safety, and the resources you need to be restored.  

This community has been a lifeline for me. This is the only place I feel safe being completely honest about how the trauma and my ongoing ordeal are affecting me. I hope we are able to support your healing, too. 

Sitting with you, if you would like.  If it feels safe I will offer to place my hand on the back of your heart, between your shoulder blades for just a moment. I don't like to touch much anymore but when I feel very bad, and am with someone who feels safe, that is something I find soothing. I just want you to know that you are not alone. 

Edited by sisyphus

Welcome @galaxxxy to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.