Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello AS, I’m new here:)

This is the first forum I have been on since my SA. Tbh, I thought I’d never have to visit one of these sites. It’s been almost 2 years and I thought I was doing fine. Last night was one of the hardest nights I’ve been through in a while. I’m on this site in hopes I can gain some healing and advice; to feel less alone. 

Hi, @Uhane2 - 

Welcome to After Silence! This is also the first forum I joined after my SA and I never thought something like this would happen to me either. I understand how sometimes you can feel fine and then the flashbacks hit out of nowhere and send you into a spiral. I can tell you that this is one of the most supportive and uplifting communities I have ever been a part of! I hope that you will find that healing and peace here as well. 

Just know that you are not on this journey alone and we support you all the way! I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to or have questions about the site! Please don't ever hesitate to reach out to me :) 

Wishing you luck,
Poppy

@Uhane2 Welcome to After Silence, I am Wanna :flowers:

You've come to the right place, we'll have you at any point of your healing journey. I am sincerely sorry for your trauma and struggle. Please know that it was not your fault, and that we believe you. 

Trauma can sadly hit us at any time, and our brain chooses when it wants to start processing. It can come very fast forward and turn our lives around, but we can get through it with the right support and guidance. You are being very brave for reaching out. Our community carries kind members who form a warm support system. We tend to relate to each other here, you can talk about anything here.   :youcanheal:

You are not alone in this, and you can get great advice here as well a chance to share what you would feel comfortable to. Feel free to browse this site. Us staff are always available if you'd have questions, need a chat or anything at all. 

Hoping to see you around

- Wanna ☀️

Thank you so much wanna. I think I’m going to love it here. The love I feel here already,  is pure. I know things will only get better from here on out. Thank you for being here. 

much love, Uhane2

3 hours ago, Uhane2 said:

This is the first forum I have been on since my SA. Tbh, I thought I’d never have to visit one of these sites. It’s been almost 2 years and I thought I was doing fine. Last night was one of the hardest nights I’ve been through in a while. I’m on this site in hopes I can gain some healing and advice; to feel less alone. 

Hello Uhane,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have reasons to be here, but you will find tons of support. As you are already seeing, this community is filled with kind and understanding members. You are not alone. It takes courage to reach out, so I do acknowledge that. 

Feel free to look around the site and interact where and when you are ready. I wish you many forward steps as you continue down this road we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS, @Uhane2! I'm so sorry for what you've gone through, but I am so glad that you found your way here. It can be very hard to reach out, so I'm proud of you for doing so. It's a tough step in healing...but as you can see, you'll find a lot of really kind and supportive people. We're all here for you. While everyone's trauma may vary, we can all relate in some way. Take your time exploring. You're not alone! :aswelcomesu:

-Finch

On 3/26/2021 at 6:38 PM, Uhane2 said:

Uhane

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

22 hours ago, Uhane2 said:

Thank you so much wanna. I think I’m going to love it here. The love I feel here already,  is pure. I know things will only get better from here on out. Thank you for being here. 

much love, Uhane2

Hello Uhane2 

Things will get better, just don't be afraid if they will feel heavy at times. Healing tends to be a bumpy road, but you're not doing this alone. You have a whole community here, wanting what's best for you. Yes, the love and care here is genuine, so nice that you would sense it so soon. 

Reach out whenever you'd like to, you can DM me any time!

- Wanna ☀️

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome @Uhane2 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.