Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi I’m new here

Hi @LillieBelle

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community filled with wonderful people. We are all here to support each other through the healing process. You are welcome to take some time looking around the site and then post on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Just reading posts is okay too! 

I wish you the best and I hope you are taking good care of yourself as well. 

Welcome @LillieBelle to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hello, @LillieBelle! Welcome to AS! :aswelcomesu: I'm glad you found your way here. You'll meet a lot of really supportive and kind people on AS. I'm sorry for what you went through, though. But you're not alone...take your time. Best wishes!

-Finch

Hi LillieBelle,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have reasons to be here, but do know you will find tons of support. Our members are understanding and kind. It is a big step to reach out and I am glad you did. 

Feel free to look around and interact where you are most comfortable. I wish you well as you make more steps forward on this path we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Hello lilliebelle

Welcome to  AS.   I am sorry to hear that you've had to find us, but  glad you did.  I am sad to hear that someone you care about has experienced trauma.  It is always wonderful to see someone willing and wanting to help their family member or friend through this   difficult time.   Just being there for them and letting  them talk without fear of judgement is the absolute best gift you can give them.  Please know and understand that we are also here to support you.  I hope that being here will help you to be able to support your loved one as best as you possibly can.  Please lean on us for support if you need.  

Wishing you all the best!!!

missfrier

@LillieBelle Hello and welcome to After Silence, I am Wanna :flowers:

I am well thanks! What about you? 

I am sincerely sorry for you reasons to be here, please know it was not your fault. You have no guilt or shame in this. After Silence is a safe place to start sharing, whenever you're ready. We believe you and will hear you out. 

This place offers connection with wonderful members, a chance to relate and lighten your heart, and much more. The point of a community is to have a place where you can just let it out and find a source of comfort in your daily life. I wish you the very best of luck here.  :youcanheal:

Please let me know if I can help you out in any way at all. 

- Wanna ☀️

Thank you all for the replies and welcomes. It really means a lot.
It saddens me that there are so many people out there that have gone through a lot of trauma in their lives. I’ve struggled for many years with the scars from my past and really want to move on. I’m tired of it controlling me.

I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD, GAD and Panic Disorder. I struggle quite a lot on times but I hide it. I’m in therapy and it’s really difficult. I’ve had 11 sessions so far. I did have therapy a few years ago but it got too much for me to handle so I had to take a break. I’m hoping that I’m as ready as I think I am right now. I have to have a life free from the darkness. 

I struggle with taking my own advice sometimes but I do hope you can all take gentle care of yourselves while you heal and beyond. 

Thanks again,

LillieBelle x 

@LillieBelle Yes, it's sad, that so many have been affected. Happy news is, we can be a community. We do not carry shame, and we have the right to our own stories. I understand that you've been through a lot, but you seem to have set your goal. You deserve to have a life free from darkness influencing you. It's also wise to take time. It's hard to always follow own advice, but supporting others reminds you of them :) 

Hi, @LillieBelle - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry you have reason to be here, but I hope we are able to help you on your journey towards healing. I am here if you need anything at all! Feel free to browse the forums and post when you feel ready. There's absolutely no pressure! 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy