Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Introducing myself

Hi, I'm new here and hoping to find support since I don't currently have any friends with PTSD. I've been diagnosed for years and still struggling sometimes. I'm a survivor of CSA and I want to connect with others. I love making art and playing video games (especially Animal Crossing). I've lived in different countries, so I enjoy talking with international perspectives.

Hello @taofong and welcome to After Silence.  You will find that many of our members have similar struggles, though no two will cope in the same ways.

I hope that being here is helpful and that you make the connections you seek. :)

Please let me know if I can help with anything!

Best wishes,
Capulet

12 minutes ago, taofong said:

Hi, I'm new here and hoping to find support since I don't currently have any friends with PTSD. I've been diagnosed for years and still struggling sometimes. I'm a survivor of CSA and I want to connect with others. I love making art and playing video games (especially Animal Crossing). I've lived in different countries, so I enjoy talking with international perspectives.

Welcome. I am new here also. I was just recently diagnosed as PTSD. I am also a CSA with human trafficking survivor. I don't have anyone to talk to about my past. Lost of it are just coming to memory. It is a very challenging time to feel alone.

I love working with children with special needs. I work 2 full time jobs and have 3 adult children.

Welcome to AS @taofong:aswelcomesu: It's so nice to meet you! Hooray for video games and Animal Crossing! I'm a gamer, too, and I literally just played ACNH before heading on here haha. 

I'm so sorry for the trauma you've experienced. I'm also a survivor of CSA. You're not alone. You'll meet a lot of really supportive people here! Best wishes. 

-Finch

2 hours ago, Treasure said:

Welcome. I am new here also. I was just recently diagnosed as PTSD. I am also a CSA with human trafficking survivor. I don't have anyone to talk to about my past. Lost of it are just coming to memory. It is a very challenging time to feel alone.

I love working with children with special needs. I work 2 full time jobs and have 3 adult children.

Welcome to AS, @Treasure! I'm glad you found your way here. I'm so sorry for what you went through. You can talk about whatever you're comfortable with here on AS. We're here for you. You're not alone anymore. ❤️ I wish you all the best!

-Finch

3 hours ago, taofong said:

Hello taofong and welcome to After Silence, I am Wanna :flowers:

Sounds like you've come to just the right place! This forum carries a varied network of survivors, and we do discuss mental health and different trauma related diagnoses among many things. I am sincerely sorry for your reasons to be here. Please know that you carry no guilt in this, and have nothing to be ashamed for. You choose what you'd like to share. We believe you. 

When you mentioned your love art, I thought about our Healing Through Creativity forum. Maybe you'd like to check that out? I have posted some of my crafts there myself :) 

How exciting that you've gotten a multinational experience. That is kind of what this platform offers as well, we have different nationalities which can be very educational and fun. 

I hope that this community will give you what you need. Our members form a wonderful support system, we tend to relate to each other in one way or another. You can talk about what you'd like to here, this is a safe place. :notalone:

Feel free to browse the forum a bit. If you would have questions, need advice or support, a chat or anything at all, us staff always has doors open.

Wishing you the best of luck 

- Wanna ☀️

Welcome @taofong to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

7 hours ago, taofong said:

Hi taofong,

Welcome to our community. I am sorry you experienced CSA and are struggling. What happened to you was unfair and undeserved. You have found a place tho where you can interact and connect with others, at your own pace of course, and find support and understanding that you may not otherwise. You certainly are not alone in this.

As mentioned above, we do have a Creativity section. It is amazing how many survivors find a way to express themselves in various ways. It's always good to have an outlet like this (if you specifically use it for healing purposes or any other reason). Share, if you feel you are wanting and ready to. No pressure, of course!

Feel free to look around. I am glad you reached out and decided to join us. I wish you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone:  

Dear taofong

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier