Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, Im new here

Hi all, I can't believe I am doing this. This is the first time I am acknowledging the truth. I have never told anybody that I am a survivor and I am really nervous to post on here. Just joining and seeing all the posts has really helped for some reason. I feel like their is a community here and a place where I don't feel embarrassed or ashamed to be honest. I joined because I don't really know where to go next I don't have anyone in my life I feel like I can open up to without making things hard and difficult. I think this is my next step and I am glad I am being brave and doing this. I just want to say I appreciate you all being open and sharing your truths because it makes it easier for me to know I am not alone. 

Hi, @livingmytruth and welcome to After Silence!

I'm called Cap and I'm one of the site's moderators.  I'm also a survivor of CSA, rape and domestic violence.

Speaking your truth and doing so in a safe space among a community of others who can relate is so, VERY empowering!  Please know that the shame and embarrassment does not belong to you; it belongs to the person who has given you reason to be here.  I am hoping that being here will allow for you to make new connections and to strengthen your support system.

You'll soon hear from a member of our Newbie Support Team, who will send you a bunch of helpful links. :)  Until then, please feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions or concerns. 

Again, welcome, and congratulations on taking such huge steps in the healing direction!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hello livingmytruth,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so sorry for the trauma that has lead you here, but do know that you will find all kinds of support here. This community is filled with so many understanding and kind members...they can relate, if not by exact trauma, then by the struggles you face. It is an unfair addition to what we already go thru, but do know you are not alone.

Saying those words are very brave and I am glad you realize that. It is a big step to what hopefully is many as you begin the journey of healing. Feel free to look around the site and interact where it feels the most comfortable. I wish you nothing but the best.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome to AS, @livingmytruth! Your username really reflects your journey right now, which is awesome. :aswelcomesu: 

It is so difficult to share your story and to even just say, "I am a survivor." To announce that is powerful, full of emotion, and a very big step in healing. So I'm proud of you. I'm sorry for what you've been through that led you here, but I'm so glad that you found your way. We're a really supportive bunch. You're not alone in this...thank you for being here!

-Finch

Dear livingmutruth

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome @livingmytruth to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear @livingmytruth,

Welcome to After Silence.

Your post reminded me a lot of myself, 3-4 years ago, when I first joined.  I had never really talked about what happened (with friends or loved ones) and I didn't know any other survivors (who shared openly about it).  

It was a huge relief to find AS and just to know that there were so many other people who understand and could relate to my experiences.  There's something about knowing you're not alone that is in itself healing.

Take your time to read and familiarize yourself with our threads, and post as often as you feel comfortable.

Wishing you comfort and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Hello @livingmytruth and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

Yes, you are being very brave. Starting to reach out might not always be easy, it's for the better in the long run. We are not meant to carry this burden all by ourselves. Yes, connecting with other survivors is a very good way to start out. This community is a safe place for you to share, within what you feel comfortable with, and to receive wonderful support. Even if every story is unique, we tend to relate to each other here. 

I am sincerely sorry for your trauma, please know that you carry no guilt in this. You deserve to heal, you deserve to feel free form shame. Sharing with somebody in real life isn't always easy, but for every time you get the practice, it takes off the edge a bit. I hope you'll find that IRL too, but whatever happens, After Silence is here for you! We believe you. :notalone:

Take good care, and once again - welcome! 

- Wanna ☀️

Edited by WannaMoveOn