Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New here :)

Hi, everyone :) my parents found this site for me after struggling a little bit harder lately than usual.. Like everyone has said, I am pretty devastated to need to be here but I am extremely grateful/thankful that this is an option. I hope everyone is having a good night :)

Welcome! I’m so glad your parents have found this for you and its so awesome that they’re there for you as a support system. I’m so sorry that there’s a reason for you needing this forum but I hope you find comfort and support in joining the community and meeting others that understand what you’re going through.

Welcome @Meganificent:aswelcomesu: I'm so glad your parents found AS for you. That is fantastic that you have them as a support. 

I'm so sorry for what you've experienced. And sorry that you've been struggling more lately. But you will find a lot of supportive people here. Take your time. ❤️ Best wishes! Nice to meet you!

-Finch

2 hours ago, Meganificent said:

Hi, everyone :) my parents found this site for me after struggling a little bit harder lately than usual.. Like everyone has said, I am pretty devastated to need to be here but I am extremely grateful/thankful that this is an option. I hope everyone is having a good night :)

Hi Meganificent,

I love your user name! Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry you have reasons for joining, but you have found a wonderful site. This community is filled with many understanding and kind members. You will find much support and validation here. What happened to you was wrong and undeserved. 

I am very glad that you have such supportive parents. Everyone deserves people in their lives that want the best for them and sometimes it is not always the case. I am glad you have parents that care so much. Now you have a community that cares too!

Feel free to look around and interact where and when you are comfortable. It is a big step to reach out to others. I wish you many more steps forward as you move down this path we call healing. 

Mary

:supportu:  

Hello, @Meganificent - welcome to the community!

I echo everyone's sentiments and applaud your parents for being supportive and for playing a very active role in your healing journey!  That's truly wonderful.  You're very lucky!

I also agree with you - it's sad to have to be here, but it truly does take a village.  We are glad you're here, and hope that being here among others who understand your struggles will bring you peace and comfort.

Best wishes,
Capulet

@Meganificent welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am sincerely sorry for your trauma, and for the extra struggle right now. It is all okay to not be okay at times, the important thing is to reach out for help. That might not come easy all times, why I am glad you decided to give this platform a shot. :) 

This is a safe place to share and relate, as well exchange advise and support. You can share whatever you'd like here, and come and go as you please. Aside from talking about our trauma and healing, we talk about every day life and anything that comes to our minds. I hope you'll find what you need in this platform. We believe you. Please know that none of what happened is your fault. 

Wishing you the very best, and hope to see you around  :notalone:

- Wanna ☀️

Welcome @Meganificent to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Your parents sound supportive which I'm happy to hear and now you will have us to support you as well.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear meganificent

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Thank you, everyone, so so much for the love, kindness, and support you've already been showing :) I am sorry you're all here as well but I can already tell I will get a lot of healing from the site and all you members :) I have already been a little overwhelmed just by starting on here but I am feeling more comfortable with time and seeing how welcoming it is.

45 minutes ago, Meganificent said:

I have already been a little overwhelmed just by starting on here but I am feeling more comfortable with time and seeing how welcoming it is.

That's totally normal. Just take all the time you need. Don't have to rush into anything. :) But I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable. We're all here to help!