Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi, I'm new here and don't know what I'm doing.

But I need a place like this to talk. It's nice to meet you all, and from what I've read so far this is a collection of very smart and kind individuals. I'm glad to be here. If you have any advice for how I should proceed and when it would be a good time for me to share, let me know. I haven't opened up until the past month, after keeping something quiet for 6 years. Needless to say I'm having a hard time as of late. 

- Thank you ❤️ 

Hi Alexandra,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you've been thru. Nothing about abuses are deserved or fair. You really have found a wonderful community, our members are kind and understanding. It makes a big difference when you don't feel so alone...I know that is how I felt when I first found this site.

You have started just right...reading tends to help find your footing here. We have different forums for different struggles or topics and you can post when you feel ready. If you decide to tell your detailed story from six years ago, we do ask you to wait until you can access the Share Your Story forum, which will become available and viewable once you have made ten posts on the site. 

What you share will always be up to you tho. Some come here more for the support and encouragement to help thru the struggles...which seem too many, which I am sure you already know. I will be sending a PM shortly with more information, so look out for that.

I am glad you found us and found your inner braveness to reach out. I wish you nothing but the best as you begin this path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome @AlexandraB to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  My advice is to try to find topics here that are relevant to you and hopefully that will help you heal.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear alexandrab

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

@AlexandraB Welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna ☀️

Wow, you are being so strong! I am so happy you decided to give this community a shot! 

My advice is, to start with taking good care of yourself. You are going through a lot right now, so make sure you'd provide yourself with the basics of self care: rest, nutrition, hydration and hygiene.

Surround yourself with those you trust and care for. Allow yourself to take things in your pace. Aside from getting a community, I always recommend to consider professional help. You don't have to jump into it right away, but you can look at your options and also find a crisis line for extended support. 

I strongly believe that you need to process to proceed in life. Just make sure you have good support around. You are not supposed to go through is alone. I am so glad to hear that you already have a good impression of After Silence. We believe you, you own your story! None of what happened is on you, and you deserve to heal.  :youcanheal:

Wishing you the very best, 

- Wanna ☀️