Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi all! I'm glad I found this place.

I'm not sure where to begin. It's a bit hard for me to introduce myself while keeping anonymity because I like sharing about myself. I would say I have come a long way in my healing journey, but I find that with every milestone comes a new set of feelings and emotions that I unintentionally/subconsciously skip over. My therapist suggested I find a support group, and I am not sure why it took me so long to even consider doing so. With that said, I am filled with hope and am happy to know I now have a way to connect and interact with other survivors. 

Welcome to AS, @Survivor to Warrior!! :aswelcomesu:

I'm glad you found your way here. My therapist was also the one to suggest a support group, and I could never be more grateful. AS is a really wonderful place full of supportive people.

I'm sorry about the trauma you've experienced. You're strong...I can especially tell from your username. You're a warrior! I wish you all the best. Take your time exploring the site. We're here for you.

-Finch

Hi Survivor to Warrior,

Love your user name! It is what we all strive for, isn't it? I am glad you have claimed it as yours...tho I do understand healing is a process, with it's ups and downs.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry you ever had a reason that would lead you hear, but also am glad you found us, too. Our community is filled with many understanding and kind members who can relate...if not by exact abuses, then by struggles. I know when I found this place a few years ago, I was surprised and grateful not to feel so alone. You, too, are not alone.

Feel free to to look around our site and interact where and when you feel comfortable. Reaching out is something I consider a big step for us all and I am glad you have. I wish you many, many forward steps as you continue this journey that we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome @Survivor to Warrior to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear survivor to warrior 

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Hello  @Survivor to Warrior and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

I agree with your therapist, joining a support group is definitely a good idea. Even if you've come far, which I am happy about, sometimes our healing does require a bit of extra attention. Having a platform to express your thoughts and emotions might be a good way to get to know yourself better. You can share whatever you'd like, without being judged. 

This is a safe place to share and relate, as well exchange advice and support. Our members form a wonderful support system. I am sincerely sorry for your reasons to be here, please know that you carry no guilt in this. You fully own your story and we believe you! :notalone:

Please reach out if there is anything you'd need! 

- Wanna ☀️