Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hello

Hi @Speechless!  Welcome to After Silence.  I like your chosen username - it's very appropriate, for some of us feel exactly that from time to time. 

I'm called Cap and I'm one of the site's moderators.  You'll soon hear from a member of the Newbie Support Team and will receive a PM containing some helpful links and information.  Until then, feel free to give me a shout if you need any assistance. :) 

Congratulations to you on taking steps to emerge from the parts of your life that you've kept hidden.  That's an amazing and tremendous first step.  I'm hopeful that being here among others who understand will bring you peace, comfort and healing.  Please take your time looking around and jump in whenever you're comfortable!

Best wishes,
Capulet

Hi @Speechless

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you've found the site and decided to join. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to support each other through the healing process. It can all be overwhelming at first, but you are welcome to take all the time you need to feel comfortable. When you are ready, you can post and share on the forums as much as you would like, but there is no obligation to do so. Browsing and reading is completely fine too! Just connecting with other survivors can be helpful in letting you know you are not alone. If you have any questions about the site, don't be afraid to reach out. Wishing you the best. 

Hi Speechless,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the reasons that lead you here, but you have found a very supportive site. Our community of members are very understanding and kind. You are not alone.

It is a very big and brave step to reach out and come out of hiding. It's not always easy, but it can be easier when you have others to walk this path with you. Feel free to look around and interact where you feel the most comfortable. I wish you the best as you continue down this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome @Speechless to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Welcome to AS, @Speechless:aswelcomesu: I'm sorry about what you've endured. But I am glad that you found your way here and are starting to open up about your experiences. You'll find a lot of very supportive people here. Take your time exploring the site, reading posts, commenting if you are up to it...whatever you are comfortable with. Best wishes!

-Finch

Dear speechless

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Hi, @Speechless - 

Welcome to After Silence! I also love your username :) I'm glad you're here and I hope we can provide a safe space for you to begin to process that life you feel you've hidden. I know posting is a scary first step, but I am proud of you for taking that step! 

If you need anything at all, please reach out to me anytime - I'm here! :aswelcomesu:

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

On 2/24/2021 at 10:45 PM, Speechless said:

Hi, my name is speechless. Im just coming out with my life that Ive hidden. So i am not sure where to start. Or what to say on here. But hi ya'll.

Hi! :flowers:

Welcome! That's alright. Take your time, you decide what to share, how much and when. You are being very brave for opening up, and I am so happy you chose this community! Have a look around, feel free to get to know the site. If you would have any questions, us staff are always available.

My deepest sympathies regarding your trauma, and wishing you all the best of luck with healing. 

- Wanna ☀️