Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Checking in...

Hi, to all here at A.S. 

My journey has brought me here, in late middle age although it began early years.

I have been working mainly solo, for approx 15 years..

I experienced most of the 'expected negative outcomes' of  an unsupported survivor before I knew such outcomes were even researched.

I am reading & learning from the input of others here.

Thanks for being this space.

Welcome @write track to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Just now, 8888 said:

Welcome @write track to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Thank you...I am glad & relieved to be here & I hope to learn from others too...If my words ever help anyone else, that will be a special bonus :)

Hi, @write track - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm glad you have joined this wonderful community :)  I hope we are able to help you progress in your healing and feel less alone while doing it. If you need anything, feel free to reach out to me any time! :aswelcomesu:

Best,
Poppy

@write track - welcome to After Silence!  Though the increasing number of people who feel the need to join us is saddening, it's always a comfort to know that I'll never be alone and that I have thousands of allies as I proceed on my healing journey.  I hope that being here brings you that same comfort and lots of peace.

Please let me know if ever you need help with anything. :) 

All the best,

Capulet 

Welcome to AS @write track:aswelcomesu: I'm glad you found your way here. I like your username; it's really creative!

You're not alone anymore. You'll find a lot of supportive people here. Take your time reading through, learning, contributing, whatever you are comfortable with doing. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced. You didn't deserve it. But you are on the path to healing now...and we're here to help you along the way. :)

-Finch

2 minutes ago, mini.finch said:

Welcome to AS @write track:aswelcomesu: I'm glad you found your way here. I like your username; it's really creative!

You're not alone anymore. You'll find a lot of supportive people here. Take your time reading through, learning, contributing, whatever you are comfortable with doing. I'm sorry for the trauma you've experienced. You didn't deserve it. But you are on the path to healing now...and we're here to help you along the way. :)

-Finch

Hi :) Thank you, I have been reading a lot on AS today & whilst I am glad to be among empathic humans with shared experience, I have been overwhelmed by sadness too at times. On a positive, I'm grateful for the opportunity to ask for advise; I've recently been seeking answers IRL from health professionals about matters in my childhood & trying to glean information about my past on very limited resources. One day at a time, as the saying goes. :)

Dear write track

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Hello there @write track, and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

I have been reading your answers on this thread, and I am happy that you've settled in here and already share a positive experience about our community. I understand your sadness in it as well; It saddens me too to learn about other's pain with this kind of trauma. It can be a lot, but I'd like to think, that we are all in this together. We own our stories and got another's back :)

It is never too late to start healing, and the process kicks in different times for everyone. Important thing is, that you've come pass denial and started to reach out for support. We have members with with a diversity in age, experiences and backgrounds. This is a safe place to seek advice and advise.  :notalone:

Feel free to keep browsing and asking questions. Us staff are always available, also if you'd like to vent/chat. 

Wishing you my very best

- Wanna ☀️ 

Thank you to everyone who welcomed me here! I will be exploring the site & adding to my story; I'm grateful that "doubt" doesn't seem to feature on the site, unless it's self-doubt. I feel accepted so thanks; I'm awaiting input from health providers over questions I raised recently & will ask about trauma counseling too.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:54 AM, write track said:

Hi, to all here at A.S. 

My journey has brought me here, in late middle age although it began early years.

I have been working mainly solo, for approx 15 years..

I experienced most of the 'expected negative outcomes' of  an unsupported survivor before I knew such outcomes were even researched.

I am reading & learning from the input of others here.

Thanks for being this space.

On 2/23/2021 at 3:53 AM, write track said:

Thank you to everyone who welcomed me here! I will be exploring the site & adding to my story; I'm grateful that "doubt" doesn't seem to feature on the site, unless it's self-doubt. I feel accepted so thanks; I'm awaiting input from health providers over questions I raised recently & will ask about trauma counseling too.

Hello write track,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you have endured, but as you see, this is a very supportive site. Our community really has so many understanding and kind members. I am glad you have found us and decided to reach out. You are so right to say that there is no doubt here (except self-doubt, but we try to reassure and validate each other, so hopefully even self-doubt will leave you, in time). 

Do know it takes courage to face the ugly stuff we have gone thru, but it is also never too late to start. You definitely will find all ages of survivors, in all stages of healing. I'm glad you took this step and wish you many, many more forward steps on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: