Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi! I'm new

siona

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been in therapy for the past 5 years and finally came to terms with my emotional childhood abuse, only to recently get slammed with triggers during my pregnancy bringing back memories of childhood sexual abuse and now it's chaos all over again. Looking for some support and encouragement even just on how to start processing this information and emotions, especially as I'm about to be a new mom!

Hello, siona! Welcome to AS! :aswelcomesu: 

I'm so sorry about the abuse you've suffered. And now the triggers and memories happening. :( So very sorry that the chaos has begun again. That must be incredibly difficult to handle while being pregnant. I'm glad that you found your way here, though...we're a really supportive bunch. You'll find a lot of people can relate to you. We have many moms here that can probably help in that department. ❤️ 

Sending you lots of support!! 

-Finch

Hi @siona

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have faced, but glad to hear you are working through your traumas in therapy. I'm also happy that you decided to join the site. This is a very caring and welcoming community and we are all here to help each other heal. You are welcome to post and share on the forums whenever you feel comfortable. Talking with other survivors can help you to feel validated and less alone. If you need any help navigating the site, don't be afraid to reach out. Wishing you the best. 

Hi @siona welcome to the AS. I'm so sorry about you are dealing with new triggers, especially when this is meant to be an exciting new time for you - can I give you congratulations on your pregnancy? I would say the most important thing is to be gentle with yourself when these triggers come up. I found self soothing and distracting can be helpful. Do you have any music/entertainment/hobbies that you enjoy or find soothing?

I just want to say you are doing amazing because you registered to AS and now you have reached out to ask for help.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm already glad I found the courage to sign up for AS. It is indeed a happy pregnancy that my husband and I were trying for a while and its going well physically. Now I just need to learn to self soothe for these triggers, I'm still not quite sure how to do that. I'm reading a lot of the posts and hope to make a post of my own soon. Thanks :)

Welcome. I am so sorry for everything you're going through, and have gone through. I am very new here myself, but this is a warm place. Very supportive. 

Having children brought a lot up, stuff I'd stuffed down for years and years. I was not a good father their first few years because of it (isolated and withdrawn), and this led to my divorce. I am very happy you are currently in therapy, and that it is a happy pregnancy, and that he is supportive. 

Welcome @siona to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear siona

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

On 2/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, siona said:

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been in therapy for the past 5 years and finally came to terms with my emotional childhood abuse, only to recently get slammed with triggers during my pregnancy bringing back memories of childhood sexual abuse and now it's chaos all over again. Looking for some support and encouragement even just on how to start processing this information and emotions, especially as I'm about to be a new mom!

Hello siona,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the abuse you endured as a child and the current struggles you face. Abuse is never deserved and I hope you know it was not your fault. I'm sorry that you are finding triggers within the pregnancy, but hope all goes well for you. You will find support here and many understanding members who can relate, many of them being mothers themselves.

It takes courage to reach out and I am glad you did. I am sure you will find many steps forward and you journey down this path we call healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hello @siona and welcome to After Silence, I am Wanna :flowers:

Congratulations on becoming a parent! We do have parents and parents-soon-to-be on this platform. Do not hesitate to ask any questions regarding parenting advice or how to heal whilst taking care of a baby. 

I am sincerely and deeply sorry for your pain, and that you'd have to deal with this at a time, when you should be able to relax and prepare for birth. You are not alone in this, and I am so happy you've decided to reach out. You have nothing to be embarrassed or feel guilt about. This community has kind members who make a wonderful addition to your support system. We chat about anything here, really. Aside from healing and coping, also just plain every day stuff. 

How do you feel therapy is helping right now? I am relieved to hear that you've found help that has worked, and hopefully will continue to provide for your needs. 

Us staff is here any time for questions, support and giving advice.  :youcanheal:

Wishing you my very best

- Wanna ☀️