Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi :)

Hello! I’m so glad this site exists. A combination of insomnia and Google brought me here. Call me MH. I’m a musician and writer. I do a lot of work in my community and place of worship. I’m also a CSA survivor. I’ve done therapy on and off for a few years, but continue to struggle with feeling isolated, and tbh, shameful. I’m hoping to connect with like-minded people, to encourage and be encouraged. 
Thanks for your time :)

Welcome to AS @Mermaid_hair:aswelcomesu: I'm new here, too! Just joined a few days ago. Glad to meet you! That's awesome you're a musician and writer. 

I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, though. You'll meet a lot of kind people here that can help you feel less isolated. A lot of people can relate. Best wishes!

-Finch

Edited by mini.finch
added tag

Hi MH,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have reason to be here, but do know you are supported. You have found a community filled with understand and kind members who will be able to relate to your undeserved and unfair struggles. You are not alone.

What happened to you is not your fault, but unfortunately it is common to feel as you do. Believe me when I say that the only people who should ever feel guilt are those who have no decency and hurt others. They really do, but they are the ones truly to blame.

I hope you feel less isolated here as you begin to meet and interact with our members. It is wonderful you are wanting to encourage, as well as receive encouragement yourself. I'm sure you will feel at home here.

Feel free to look around and jump in where you feel most comfortable. It is a big step to reach out and I am wishing you many more forward steps on this journey of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Dear mermaid  hair

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

3 hours ago, daya1996 said:

Dear daya

Welcome to After Silence!!

I'm sorry for what you have been through.  I find it is easier to talk on forums then out loud.  Being here has helped me so much, even from the first time I ever posted.  It is still helping me - I have so much support here and I know you will, as well.  Here at AS, we are like a big family and our members are kind and non-judgemental.

I am sending you lots of safe hugs! 

Take care!

18 hours ago, Mermaid_hair said:

Hello! I’m so glad this site exists. A combination of insomnia and Google brought me here. Call me MH. I’m a musician and writer. I do a lot of work in my community and place of worship. I’m also a CSA survivor. I’ve done therapy on and off for a few years, but continue to struggle with feeling isolated, and tbh, shameful. I’m hoping to connect with like-minded people, to encourage and be encouraged. 
Thanks for your time :)

Hello MH and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am sincerely sorry for your trauma and pain. None of what happened is your fault. You own your story and we believe you. I understand that one can feel shame even after getting help. I believe professional help and a community complete each other in a support system. Professional help can offer a lot of guidance, but sometimes we need to see for ourselves that we are not alone.

I am so happy you stumbled across and decided to join in. This is a safe place to get support, advice and connect with other survivors. Even if every experience is unique, we tend to relate a lot to each other here. 

Your interests sounds lovely. I like to write too. I am turning 21 this year and am just about to take my first guitar classes 💪

I wish you the very best on your journey. Hope to see you around here.  :youcanheal:

- Wanna ☀️

12 hours ago, daya1996 said:

Hi everyone! I’m new here hopefully this helps me get the support I need! 

Welcome, daya! :aswelcomesu: I'm glad you found your way here. There's lots of supportive people on this forum. I hope that AS will prove to be helpful to you. Take your time exploring. Best wishes!

-finch

1 hour ago, mini.finch said:

Welcome, daya! :aswelcomesu: I'm glad you found your way here. There's lots of supportive people on this forum. I hope that AS will prove to be helpful to you. Take your time exploring. Best wishes!

-finch

Finch,

Thank you so much for your support! I think joining was the best decision I took.

Hi, @Mermaid_hair

Welcome to After Silence! I'm also a musician and writer :) What instrument(s) do you play? We have a spot on here for blogs and I absolutely LOVE writing my blog! You should maybe look into having one here if you'd like! 

You're not the only one to feel isolated and to feel shame about what happened to you - I promise. We've all struggled with those same feelings. You're not alone. :throb: 

I hope you're finding yourself well. If you need anything, feel free to reach out to me any time! I'm around :) 

Sending love and light,
Poppy

4 hours ago, Poppy_ said:

Welcome to After Silence! I'm also a musician and writer :) What instrument(s) do you play? 

Thank you! I sing, play piano, and a tiny bit of guitar. What do you play? 

and I will look into the blog thing! I’m just kind of exploring for now, I’ve never been on a forum before 😬 And I’m not great at technology anyway lol. I like the idea though

@Mermaid_hair - 

I also sing and play piano :) as well as a couple other things. I love music! 

I totally understand taking your time and looking around. I just wanted to let you know it was an option if it interests you since you said you're a writer! We also have weekly writing exercises that Capulet does for us every week! Those are a great way to get involved too! 

Welcome, @Mermaid_hair!  Welcome to After Silence.  I'm sorry to learn of the circumstances that have led you to us, but hope that by being here, you'll feel equal amounts of peace, comfort and healing.  

The weekly writing exercises @Poppy_ mentioned can be found in the Healing Through Creativity forums.  All of the 30+ topics are still open to submit to if you're feeling inclined to write! 😉  I don't do music, but love to write - so this was a nice way to involve our community in some group healing activities. 

Take your time looking around and please let me know if you ever have any questions. :) 

Best wishes,
Cap

Welcome @Mermaid_hair to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.