Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and nervous

Finchy

Hello! You may call me finch. I'm glad to be here...my therapist suggested I join a community to help myself find that I'm not alone. To find others on my journey to healing. What I've gone through seems different from most people, so I hope I belong and will be accepted. Only recently have I realized the extent of my trauma...and it's been tough. I'm looking forward to finding support here. : ) Thanks for having me!

Edited by mini.finch
1 hour ago, mini.finch said:

Hello! You may call me finch. I'm glad to be here...my therapist suggested I join a community to help myself find that I'm not alone. To find others on my journey to healing. What I've gone through seems different from most people, so I hope I belong and will be accepted. Only recently have I realized the extent of my trauma...and it's been tough. I'm looking forward to finding support here. : ) Thanks for having me!

Hello finch, and welcome to After Silence! I am Wanna :flowers:

First off, I am sincerely sorry for your trauma and pain. Please know that you carry no guilt in this, and have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. You own your story, and we believe you. 

Your therapist gave some good advice, having a community helps a lot. Like you mentioned, you'll find that you are not alone. Professional help and a community complete each other in a support system. You can exchange support, advice and share what you want. If you had the chance to browse the website a bit, you've probably noticed that we talk a bit about everything here.  :notalone:

Every story is unique, and After Silence welcomes all kinds of survivors. Even if the experiences might differ, we tend to find ways to relate to each other. Our members form a wonderful support system. I hope you'll find everything you need here. The journey towards healing can be quite rocky, but this community is here for all kinds of days - good, bad, neutral or mixes. 

If you would have questions, need support, chat/vent or anything at all, us staff always have doors open.  :aswelcomesu:

All best!

- Wanna ☀️

Welcome @mini.finch to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  It's understandable to be nervous posting here.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

6 hours ago, mini.finch said:

Hi there, finch,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you have gone thru and the struggles you face. You are not alone. You are truly accepted here, as you did not deserve the hurt you experience, but do deserve support, understanding and validation. You will find this community filled with understanding and kind members. I am glad that you were recommended to us and decided to take the step to reach out.

Feel free to look around. You will soon see this is a safe and healthy place. Wishing you nothing but forward steps on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

36 minutes ago, MeBeMary said:

Hi there, finch,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you have gone thru and the struggles you face. You are not alone. You are truly accepted here, as you did not deserve the hurt you experience, but do deserve support, understanding and validation. You will find this community filled with understanding and kind members. I am glad that you were recommended to us and decided to take the step to reach out.

Feel free to look around. You will soon see this is a safe and healthy place. Wishing you nothing but forward steps on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Thank you so much, Mary! I'm so glad that my therapist suggested this place for me. You are all very kind and supportive. I hope I can begin to heal now. :hug:(this is my favorite emoji! So cute!)

Edited by mini.finch
Just now, MeBeMary said:

finch...it's one on the most popular emojis we have...with good reason!

Sending hugs. :hug: 

I'm a big fan of sending hugs, so now I'm super excited to have an emoji for them! 

2 hours ago, mini.finch said:

Aww, those are all so cute, too! Thanks for showing me! :clap:

While you're at it, don't forget Bubble   :bubble:  and Lindybear :lindybear:

Dear finich

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

9 hours ago, WannaMoveOn said:

While you're at it, don't forget Bubble   :bubble:  and Lindybear :lindybear:

I love the fact that you have a Bubble emoji here! It's fantastic!! 😄 And Lindybear is so cute!! 

1 hour ago, missfrier said:

Dear finich

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Thank you, missfrier. :hug:I'm pretty self-conscious atm. But thank you for the welcome!! I appreciate it. I'll keep exploring!

Edited by mini.finch

Hi Finch, welcome to AS.  I'm so glad you joined us.

You're very brave. You're not alone. 

Take care Patti 🐈

Hi, @mini.finch - 

Welcome to After Silence! Sorry I'm a little late to the welcome wagon, but I hope you're finding yourself well, here! 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

2 hours ago, Poppy_ said:

Hi, @mini.finch - 

Welcome to After Silence! Sorry I'm a little late to the welcome wagon, but I hope you're finding yourself well, here! 

Wishing you the best,
Poppy

Thank you for the welcome, Poppy!! :thanks: I'm getting more comfortable here each day. I appreciate the kindness I've been shown already. 

-Finch

• 11 months later...

You have been with us merely a year Fincy, but with the energy and care you´ve contributed to this community, I feel like it´s been much, much longer. I thought posting here would be a fun thing to give my early congrats 😄 

I am so happy we get to be AS-buddies. You have posted more this year than I have ever since I joined 3 years ago. 

1 hour ago, WannaMoveOn said:

You have been with us merely a year Fincy, but with the energy and care you´ve contributed to this community, I feel like it´s been much, much longer. I thought posting here would be a fun thing to give my early congrats 😄 

I am so happy we get to be AS-buddies. You have posted more this year than I have ever since I joined 3 years ago. 

Hehe yup, it's almost my AS-anniversary! I can't believe it! I know it feels like I've been here longer...a ton of my posts are from the game section, though, hehe. Thank you for being the first person to welcome me to the community, Wanna. ❤️ I will always appreciate you for that. You are awesome! So happy to see you back on the NST!! 😄 

8 minutes ago, mini.finch said:

Hehe yup, it's almost my AS-anniversary! I can't believe it! I know it feels like I've been here longer...a ton of my posts are from the game section, though, hehe. Thank you for being the first person to welcome me to the community, Wanna. ❤️ I will always appreciate you for that. You are awesome! So happy to see you back on the NST!! 😄 

I am also happy to be back at the NST. I feel like a rock star who´s been on a break and now gets to work with the band again. 😎

3 minutes ago, orangegiraffe said:

So glad I met you! :lindybunnie:  :dance:  :friends2:

Same here! I couldn't be more grateful. You are a wonderful human, and I'm super glad we became friends here. :) :lindybunnie: