Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New and hopefully I’ve done this right?!

Hello Newbie Support Team -

I appreciate how @MeBeMary responded to @justme. I'm new around here and am looking forward to learning, healing and participating.

It's possible to need healing and not know you need it. Survival is a real thing.

Shifting from surviving to thriving is absolutely where I want to be. I'm garnering all the forces to make sure that happens for me.

Thanks for all the work you do.

LovelyBee 

10 minutes ago, LovelyBee said:

I appreciate how @MeBeMary responded to @justme. I'm new around here and am looking forward to learning, healing and participating.

It's possible to need healing and not know you need it. Survival is a real thing.

Shifting from surviving to thriving is absolutely where I want to be. I'm garnering all the forces to make sure that happens for me.

LovelyBee 

Hello LovelyBee and welcome!

Thank you for the lovely compliment. We do strive to make everyone feel welcomed and accepted here. We know that struggles can be difficult and it is easier when we are not alone. I mentioned this community being filled with wonderful survivors and this includes you right now.

Feel free to look around and interact where you are comfortable. I'm sure you will find it as comforting as I have for the last few years. I wish you well as you move down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi and Welcome @LovelyBee! Just so you know I split your comment (per Mary's request) into your very own post so the NST can give you their warmest welcome to AS. I'm so very sorry for what brings you to us here yet I'm happy to have you here amongst our lovely, supportive community. Sending you so much strength as you walk your healing journey. 💜

Dear Lovleybee

Welcome 

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

18 hours ago, LovelyBee said:

LovelyBee 

Hello LovelyBee and welcome to After Silence :flowers:

I admire your positive approach to this - "from surviving to thriving", yes! That is what we want you to do! The journey tends to be quite rocky, but After Silence is here for whatever encounters your way. A community supports you through every challenge and every achievement. I am so happy you decided to join.  :notalone:

I am sincerely sorry for your trauma and pain. Please know that you carry no guilt in this, and that you own your story. You have every right to your emotions. We believe you. 

You seem to be really wanting to do this, which is an important boost for your healing. If you want help, you can receive it. 

Hope to see you around! 

- Wanna ☀️

Welcome @LovelyBee to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Dear @LovelyBee,

I'm sorry that you have a reason to be here, but welcome to our site.  This is a kind and supportive community full of people who understand and have compassion towards your situation.

We are all here for each other.

Wishing you comfort and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Hi, @LovelyBee - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so glad you joined this site to further your healing :) 

I also want to say that I LOVE your username! I have the word "lovely" tattooed on my ribs and I love bees! So, I think it's really cute ❤️

I hope you're finding your way around the site okay! If you need assistance with anything or need someone to talk to, my door is always open. I'm just a quick PM away! 

Wishing you happiness,
Poppy