Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

1st post, brand new today

ToyahW

Hi everyone. 

just got access and was reading through some of the posts, particularly those on reporting - yes or no? I did but early days in the process. 

it’s great to be part of a community that understands and I look forward to contributing and getting some guidance too. 

I’m in Australia (Victoria), early 50’s and a survivor. 

ToyahW

Hello @ToyahW and welcome to After Silence, I am Wanna :flowers:

First off, I am sincerely sorry about your trauma and what you are going through. You did a very brave decision by reporting, and I am proud of you for doing so. Speaking up and reaching out for help is strong itself, and I am so happy you chose to come here. 

It's wonderful to hear that you already find it great having a community. After Silence carries kind members who form a warm support system. It is very important that you find a safe place. You can vent, share, get advice and support here. When healing, life tends to get up and down, but for whichever, After Silence is here for you! :notalone:

Australia, that is a nice place. I am located in Sweden myself. 🥶

Feel free to browse this website. If you would need anything at all, us staff always has doors open. Please feel free to reach out to us whenever. :notalone:

Now take care, and once again - welcome! 

- Wanna ☀️

Thanks @WannaMoveOn nice to meet you. 

I’d be keen to hear people’s experiences regarding the legal interpretation of consent as this is the bone of contention in my case. Any suggestions on where to go? I read through all the reporting posts but I’m curious about this particular point. I’m assuming our laws are similar to US but not positive.

Dear toyah

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

16 minutes ago, ToyahW said:

Thanks @WannaMoveOn nice to meet you. 

I’d be keen to hear people’s experiences regarding the legal interpretation of consent as this is the bone of contention in my case. Any suggestions on where to go? I read through all the reporting posts but I’m curious about this particular point. I’m assuming our laws are similar to US but not positive.

We can take this discussion, but please PM me about it. This forum is public, so I'd suggest a private conversation to protect personal information. You can write me any time :) 

Hi @ToyahW

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you have experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a wonderful community, full of caring and supportive people. We are all here to help each other heal. It is nice to be a part of a community of people who understand. You are welcome to post and share on the site whenever you feel comfortable. I hope you end up finding this community to be as helpful as I do. 

Welcome @ToyahW to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Reporting is a very personal decision.  We are here to support you in whatever you decide.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi Toyah,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you've been hurt, but you have found a supportive community. You are not alone. You are very brave to report. I know many members feel unable to. It is always good to here about those who could.

I highly recommend you visit our Legal System: Support and Discussion forum. Here you can get in more detail about questions or feedback you need, especially by others who have gone thru or are asking questions about the process, like you.

I am glad you decided to reach out. I wish you well as you continue your case and also move down the path of healing.

Mary

Thanks @MeBeMary

Lovely to meet you and thanks for the welcome. I haven’t managed to tell any of my friends & family yet so sharing with others here is releasing some of the pressure of keeping this secret. 

That’s really helpful. I hadn’t found that legal page/area yet. I’ll have a read through today. 

Be well

Toyah

@snmls

Thank you. I will share my story as I’ve learned through a program I’m in that identification with other who’ve experienced similar trauma or situations is incredibly important and helping others also helps me.

I’m glad to have found the site as there seems very little here in Australia. 

Be well

Toyah

Hi, @ToyahW - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm sorry for the things that brought you here, but I am glad you found such a loving and supportive site to belong to :) I know reaching out can be scary, but I want you to know that you are so supported here and you are not alone! We are all here for you when and if you decide that you want to share anything. 

Take your time looking around and getting acquainted with the site. Post when you feel ready! There's no rush here :throb: and if you need anything, I'm just a quick shout away! Feel free to reach out any time you'd like! 

Wishing you all the best,
Poppy

P.S. I don't know what's up with the white box around part of the text and I can't fix it :laugh3:

Edited by Poppy_
typo