Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

First post! Hello.

Hi.

If giving first names only is alright, I'll introduce myself properly in another post, but for now my username will do.

I joined mainly to hear other people's stories and to tell my own, as well as get advice as I recently started the first relationship I've really been in since my own incident.

I hope to find other people that I connect with and make this journey of healing a littler easier.

20 minutes ago, NewLifeNewMe said:

Hi.

If giving first names only is alright, I'll introduce myself properly in another post, but for now my username will do.

I joined mainly to hear other people's stories and to tell my own, as well as get advice as I recently started the first relationship I've really been in since my own incident.

I hope to find other people that I connect with and make this journey of healing a littler easier.

Hello! 

I wish you my warmest welcomes. I am Wanna :flowers: You can use your surname, username or a nickname out of your choice! 

First off, I am sincerely sorry for your trauma and what comes with. You own your story, and we believe you. Please know, that you have no guilt in this, and nothing to be ashamed of. After Silence invites all kind of survivors, and our members form a warm community. You can share about yourself when you are ready, and listen to other's stories, like you said. This is also a great place to get advice, vent, relate and just get some empathy. I am happy you decided to join. We got your back! :notalone: 

Feel free to browse this site a bit. 

So, once again, welcome. If you would need to vent, chat, get support or advice - anything at all, us staff always has doors open for you! 

Best wishes 

- Wanna ☀️

Dear new life

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome @NewLifeNewMe to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

7 hours ago, NewLifeNewMe said:

Hi.

Hello NewLifeNewMe,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have been trauma you have gone thru and know the struggles you likely face. You are not alone. You will find much support and understanding here, as our members are very kind. Feel free to look around.

I want to acknowledge your courage to reach out. It isn't always easy, but it is one of those steps that can help lead to more steps. This is what I wish you you...many, many steps forward as you continue down the path of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome, @NewLifeNewMe.

I'm sorry you have a reason to be here, but welcome.  This is a kind and supportive community full of people who can relate to your experiences and support you in your path to healing.  

Feel free to read through our forums, post whenever you'd like and browse some of the different resources we have available.  

Wishing you comfort and healing,

Gold Raindrops

Hi, @NewLifeNewMe - 

Welcome to After Silence! I, too, hope you can find people to connect with that will bring you more positivity and help you work toward your healing. That is definitely possible here :) I hope you're finding your way around the boards okay! If you need any help with anything, I'm just a shout away! Reach out to me any time. I'm here! 

Wishing you the best of luck,
Poppy