Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New

I’m new here. My add makes it a little hard to focus on all the rules and exactly how the site works, but I’m trying. I’m a 30 something female with a history of abuse. I’ve been in therapy and started meds a few months ago. I don’t really know what to do next, but my therapist thought I should reach out to a support system so here I am.

Welcome, @FleetwoodMacFan.

After Silence is a safe and supportive community.  There is no right or wrong way to do it.  You are free to read through our forums and post as little or as often as you want.  The only real rule is that we are always kind and respectful.  :)

Anyway, welcome to our community and I hope it brings you peace and healing.

Hi FleetwoodMacFan,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry about the trauma you have endure. Being hurt is undeserved and unfair. You have found a very supportive site tho, with many understand and kind members. You are not alone.

We do have a list of guidelines, but the key to it all is respect for your fellow survivor, as I see Goldraindrops has mentioned. You may always ask, as well, if there is something specific you are concerned with, otherwise I think you will do fine.

I am glad that you were referred to join a community and decided to reach out to us. It isn't easy walking this path of healing, but it can be helpful to have others who know the struggles you face. Feel free to look around and interact where you are comfortable. I wish you well on this journey of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Also...Fleetwood Mac has some great songs! I am a fan, as well. :) 

7 hours ago, FleetwoodMacFan said:

I’m new here. My add makes it a little hard to focus on all the rules and exactly how the site works, but I’m trying. I’m a 30 something female with a history of abuse. I’ve been in therapy and started meds a few months ago. I don’t really know what to do next, but my therapist thought I should reach out to a support system so here I am.

Hello FleetwoodMacFan! I am Wanna :flowers:

I am happy you followed your therapist's advice, and that you found us. Please know that none of what happened to you is your fault, and that you own your story. We believe you. 

Whatever the next step may be, After Silence will be here for you. This is a place where you can vent, receive advice and take part of other's stories and experiences. I believe a community and professional help complete another in a support system, so I am relieved to hear that you are having both now. 

Please take care, and I'd like to wish you happy new year a couple of days in advance. :youcanheal:

All best

- Wanna ☀️

Dear fleetwood

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

1 hour ago, FleetwoodMacFan said:

Is there like a general daily ramblings location? Or do I have to look through the forums?

@goldraindrops @MeBeMary @WannaMoveOn? I don’t know if generally commenting alerts people or I have to specifically tag them

Yes, you have to tag them if you can't find them as followers in the bar on the top of the post's page titled "Follow". You can find the forums organized under "Browse-Forums". If you click on "Activity", you can choose to see "All activity" if you want to see recent posts. 

Welcome @FleetwoodMacFan to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  We do have guidelines to be followed but they are really just common sense things to keep the forum a safe and friendly place for everyone.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.