Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi

camphore

Hi I'm camphore, and I'm here because I was sexually assaulted a few days ago and I'm scared to tell. I feel like I'm in a dream. I have a history of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse so I'm hoping that the community here can help me feel that I'm not alone. This is my first time reaching out and I'm scared because I feel like it was my fault a lot. I have a black cat and she has been really clingy with me since it happened and it feels nice to know that even though she's an animal she cares about me. 

Hi @camphore

Welcome to As. I'm very sorry about the trauma you have experienced. Please know that it was not your fault and you did not deserve what happened to you. I'm glad you found this site and are reaching out for support. It can be difficult to reach out for help, so you are brave to do so. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to support each other and help each other heal. Talking with other survivors can help you to feel less alone. You are welcome to post on the site whenever you feel comfortable. You never had to share anything you don't want to. You can also look through some of the resources we have on the site. If you can't find them, I can help you. We are all here for you. 

Animals are the best. I'm glad you have your cat to provide you with some comfort. They really do care and love us in their own special ways. 

23 minutes ago, snmls said:

Hi @camphore

Welcome to As. I'm very sorry about the trauma you have experienced. Please know that it was not your fault and you did not deserve what happened to you. I'm glad you found this site and are reaching out for support. It can be difficult to reach out for help, so you are brave to do so. This is a kind and caring community and we are all here to support each other and help each other heal. Talking with other survivors can help you to feel less alone. You are welcome to post on the site whenever you feel comfortable. You never had to share anything you don't want to. You can also look through some of the resources we have on the site. If you can't find them, I can help you. We are all here for you. 

Animals are the best. I'm glad you have your cat to provide you with some comfort. They really do care and love us in their own special ways. 

Thank you for your kind words and help :)@snmls

Dear camphore

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

17 hours ago, camphore said:

Hi I'm camphore, and I'm here because I was sexually assaulted a few days ago and I'm scared to tell. I feel like I'm in a dream. I have a history of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse so I'm hoping that the community here can help me feel that I'm not alone. This is my first time reaching out and I'm scared because I feel like it was my fault a lot. I have a black cat and she has been really clingy with me since it happened and it feels nice to know that even though she's an animal she cares about me. 

Hello camphore, I am Wanna. :flowers:

It is crucial that you take care of yourself now. I understand that this must feel surreal. 

Make sure to take care of yourself with the basics of self care - rest, hydration and nutrition. After Silence is here for you. You deserve to be heard, and we believe you. None of what happened to you in the past or recently is your fault. You have nothing to feel guilty or shame about. 

I wish you my warmest welcomes, and hope you'll reach out whenever you feel like it. :notalone: 

Stay safe

- Wanna ☀️

You have found a great place.  Mine happened years ago, and it wasn't until now a couple months ago I found AfterSilence.  I feel encouraged here,  like WannaMoveOn said you deserve to be heard.  If it wasn't for reading everyone's stories I would feel alone.  Here, I truly know I am not the only one who experienced something traumatizing.  I felt alone, like no one around me would understand the hurt and pain the incident caused.  The worst feeling is feeling scared, and you are not alone.

Hi, @camphore - 

Welcome to After Silence! I'm so sorry to hear of what's happened a few days ago :( I know it can be so scary and hard to deal with. Just know that you are not alone and you've come to a supportive community full of love and advice and we will help you through this. 

If you need anything, feel free to reach out to me any time! I'm here :throb:

All the best,
Poppy

On 12/15/2020 at 4:39 PM, camphore said:

Hi camphore,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what happened to you a few days ago and for the not so recent abuses. You are not alone. This community is filled with many understanding and kind members. It takes courage to reach out, so I commend you on that. I personally think it helps to have others who understand. Cute furry bundles do help, too. I understand that well.

I think we all feel much the way you do, at one time or another. Be assured tho...it is not your fault. Nobody had the right to hurt you. They are solely to blame.

Look around the site and interact where you are comfortable. I wish you many steps forward as you continue down the path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome @camphore to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.