New registrants - please do NOT register using your real name (or anything resembling such) - your privacy is important to us and real-name registrations will be deleted. Please re-register with an anonymous display name. ×

I just joined... just testing to see how this messaging replying works....

. I see there WAS a chatroom but is no more...so...need to learn how this works.... i saw Timothy's message and wanted to say... if u feel u don't belong, then i am in the wrong spot... and shouldn't stay... but... in my eyes, just joining...we are all here for a personal reason and we aren't here to judge one another.... so, hello all....

Hello rayoflight,

First of all, welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry you have reasons to be here, but this is a wonderfully supportive place...and you are right, we aren't here to judge one another. It does happen sometimes that a new member will doubt their place here. I am happy to report that Timothy has accepted this community and has stayed. I wish this for you too.

I am sorry that chat is no longer available. Sadly, it wasn't feasible and use was rather minimal. We hope to relook at this sometime in the future, but for now, we do not have it.

The forums and posts are set up so you can start a new post, like this one, or you can reply to others, by scrolling to the bottom and typing in the box. If you still want to give Timothy a bit of encouragement or support, you can try replying to his original post. You will get the hang of it, I'm sure. If not, we the staff, are here to help guide you.

Look around the site and start to interact where you are comfortable. You are accepted here. I wish you the best as you continue down this path we call healing.

Mary

:aswelcomesu:

1 hour ago, rayoflight said:

. I see there WAS a chatroom but is no more...so...need to learn how this works.... i saw Timothy's message and wanted to say... if u feel u don't belong, then i am in the wrong spot... and shouldn't stay... but... in my eyes, just joining...we are all here for a personal reason and we aren't here to judge one another.... so, hello all....

Hello! I am Wanna :flowers: 

My warmest welcomes to After Silence. Yes, we are all here for a reason, and every survivor and secondary survivor is invited to join in. I am sincerely sorry for your trauma. Good thing you joined us, I really hope you'll find what you need here. This platform is a place to share, vent, exchange support and advice, among many other things. Please know that none of what happened to you is your fault. 

Yes, we won't judge and we believe you. If you would have questions, need to chat/vent or anything at all, us staff is there for you :notalone: :aswelcomesu:

All best, and once again, welcome

- Wanna ☀️

Dear rayoflight

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome @rayoflight to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.