Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New member, not sure if I belong.

Timothy

I'm a man of an age between 30 and 40

I was sexually abused by 2 different people in 2 very different scenarios when I was a young boy.

I'm sure many people here had much worse experiences that I did 

I really don't know to what degree these events have affected me over my life.

I always thought I had put these things behind me.

I feel like I need to work through my history of CSA.  I need to understand how others have been affected by their CSA and learn ways to cope.

I need to try to understand how the trauma has affected my overall well-being and sexuality.

It really is a struggle.

Edited by Capulet
  • Capulet changed the title to New member, not sure if I belong.

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you have gone thru as a young boy. It was very wrong and you didn't deserve to be hurt. I think many survivors minimize their own experience, especially when you see so many others with various experiences, as well. All abuse is wrong, tho. It was undeserved and unfair to you.

You will find much support here. Feel free to look around. I wish you the best on your journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Dear timothy

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Dear @Timothy,

Welcome to After Silence.

I'm sorry for the experiences that brought you here, but this is a safe and supportive community.  

Feel free to read through our forums and post as little or as often as you like.

There is no criteria that makes you belong.  We all come with our painful experiences and try to support each other in healing.

Wishing you the best,

Gold Raindrops

Welcome @Timothy to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I think you do belong here.  As for me my abuse wasn't really violent but it still affects me.  People here have experienced a wide variety of circumstances, none of which are any more or less valid.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi Timothy, welcome to After Silence. I am so sorry for what you have gone through, and you're incredibly brave for reaching out. I know that I've also struggled with minimizing my own CSA, and it's definitely a hard battle in the healing process. But no abuse is ever okay. No-one should ever be hurt in such a horrendous way. Every survivor deserves help, respect, acceptance, and healing. You are not alone in your struggles. Everyone is so welcoming and accepting here, and I hope these forums aid you in your healing journey. :) 

I'm very sure you belong. I have found this to be a good place to find answers, hear how others have coped, and maybe even help others.

I also tried to put my experience behind me, but have found it had changed the way I was acting. I've found talking to others or reading their stories who have had similar experiences has helped me find who I am now. This is a good place.

I hope you find what you need.

On 12/1/2020 at 8:22 PM, Timothy said:

I'm a man of an age between 30 and 40

I was sexually abused by 2 different people in 2 very different scenarios when I was a young boy.

I'm sure many people here had much worse experiences that I did 

I really don't know to what degree these events have affected me over my life.

I always thought I had put these things behind me.

I feel like I need to work through my history of CSA.  I need to understand how others have been affected by their CSA and learn ways to cope.

I need to try to understand how the trauma has affected my overall well-being and sexuality.

It really is a struggle.

Hello Timothy, I am Wanna :flowers:

I am a bit late, but I wanted to wish you my warmest welcomes anyways. 

I hope this site will be a safe spot for you to process your trauma and find some positive contacts. This platform welcomes all kinds of survivors, and we will believe you. 

I am sincerely sorry this happened to you. Please know that you are entitled to your emotions and that you own your story. 

All best, hope to see you around 

- Wanna ☀️ 

Edited by WannaMoveOn