Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

new here and nervous

kemosabe

i dont really know where to begin, i made this account a few months ago and im just now getting the courage to post. ive been struggling with getting over CSA & SA for years, and earlier this year i was diagnosed with PTSD because of something that happened last year. ever since my diagnosis and the 'traumaversery' ive been really struggling and it's been hard. i am happy a place like this exists though because reading the kind things people have said to others and the advice on healing has been a nice reminder that im not alone.

Hi kemosabe,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the horrible experiences you have gone thru and the struggles you face. It is never deserved or right for anyone to hurt you. You are not alone. This community is filled with understanding people from all over who understand...as you have seen thru your reviewing of the site. I encourage you to continue to read, as comfort will come. I know it can be very unsettling to try something new, especially in a place like this. You will find it a healing and safe place tho.

I'm glad you decided now was the time to reach out...and you remembered we were here. And we are here for you. You are not alone in this.

Feel free to interact when you are ready. I wish you many more forward steps as you begin down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone:

Hi, welcome to AS.  You're not alone. 

This is a very supportive and friendly community.

2 hours ago, kemosabe said:

i dont really know where to begin, i made this account a few months ago and im just now getting the courage to post. ive been struggling with getting over CSA & SA for years, and earlier this year i was diagnosed with PTSD because of something that happened last year. ever since my diagnosis and the 'traumaversery' ive been really struggling and it's been hard. i am happy a place like this exists though because reading the kind things people have said to others and the advice on healing has been a nice reminder that im not alone.

Hello kemosabe, I am Wanna :flowers: Welcome to After Silence! 

It can take a while before one feels ready to share. Retelling traumatic experiences and being vulnerable does not come easy to most survivors, but every survivor deserves a safe place to do so.

I am happy to hear that you acknowledge our members to be kind, and that you feel less alone. This platform is a place to share, vent, exchange experiences and support. All within what you feel comfortable with. You might have noticed that we also discuss mental health among other things, like PTSD. You can talk about that as well if you'd like. 

I hope you will have many further positive experiences here and receive the comfort you need. You are being very brave for opening up. I wish you the best of luck, and remember that After Silence is here for you!  :supportu:

All best, and stay safe

- Wanna ☀️

Dear kemosabe

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome @kemosabe to After Silence.  It's understandable to be nervous posting here.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Traumaverseries are hard for me too.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi there! welcome! your post sounds an awful lot like my first post. I was also diagnosed with PTSD too and struggle with surviving CSA and SA. I'm happy you're here and proud of you for reaching out to this place! this has been so helpful for me on my journey of finding peace/healing. I hope it helps you too. If you ever need to talk to someone feel free to reach out. I'm happy to talk.