Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hi there! I'm Bee

Hi there everyone!

I stumbled across After Silence after my girlfriend recommended I find an online support group. I was hoping to actually find an Discord group and I did find a few Discord groups, but none that I felt like I fit the vibe in. So I am here to kind of look around, get some support, and learn some new things. 

A little about me, I go by Bee. I am 21 and I live in the United States. I enjoy puzzles, video games, and literature. I am currently studying Marketing but I plan to go to grad school to become a librarian! 

Maybe a Discord server is something that I might be able to help get the ball rolling on? No pressure of course 😃

1 hour ago, beesquared said:

Hi there everyone!

I stumbled across After Silence after my girlfriend recommended I find an online support group. I was hoping to actually find an Discord group and I did find a few Discord groups, but none that I felt like I fit the vibe in. So I am here to kind of look around, get some support, and learn some new things. 

A little about me, I go by Bee. I am 21 and I live in the United States. I enjoy puzzles, video games, and literature. I am currently studying Marketing but I plan to go to grad school to become a librarian! 

Maybe a Discord server is something that I might be able to help get the ball rolling on? No pressure of course 😃

Dear bee:

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Hi Bee, 

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. This is a caring and supportive community and we are all here to help each other heal. You are welcome to take you time looking around and exploring the site and then you can post and share whenever you feel comfortable. If you ever feel like there is something the site is lacking or something you wish to see on the site that you think would be beneficial to other members, you are welcome to reach out to one of the site mods or leave a message in the help desk. I look forward to seeing you around the site. 

Hello Bee.

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you've endured, but you found a supportive and safe place. Our members are all survivors, just like you and really will be able to understand what you've gone thru and the struggles you still face. You are not alone.

Feel free to look around and interact where you feel comfortable. I'm glad you reached out and hope you soon see the benefits of belonging to our community. I wish you well on this road of healing.

Mary

:youcanheal:

Welcome Bee!

I'm sorry for the experiences that brought you here, but this is a kind and supportive community full of understanding people.

Feel free to look through our forums and comment whenever you would like.  

Sending you good vibes and well wishes for your healing journey,

Gold Raindrops

7 hours ago, beesquared said:

Hi there everyone!

Hello Bee! Welocme to After Silence :flowers:

I know Discord, but never thought of the idea to find a group for survivors through that platform. If there is something that is comparable, it's probably that you can be fully anonymous here just as in Discord. You decide what to share and what you'd like to talk about. This is a place to get empathy, relate, exchange advice and much more! 

I am 20 myself, studying to become an agronomist. You can PM me any time. 

Best wishes, and stay safe :supportu:

- Wanna ☀️

Welcome @beesquared to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  From my experience with Discord servers they aren't quite as secure as this site is so that could be an issue given the nature of the topic.   For example, if the server were to be listed publicly it would likely get internet trolls whereas here we don't have that happen all that often.  As @snmls said though you are welcome to mention it at the Help Desk and you can see what a moderator has to say.  Though perhaps you will find posting here to be sufficient.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.