Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Possible work-around for Android users to access notifications/mailboxes!

This information was given to me by a member who wishes to remain anonymous.  I could not test this as I do not have an Android mobile device - I became a convert much earlier this year and swapped mine in for an iPhone 11!  

Anyway - here is something that you can try to see if it brings up your notifications and mailbox:

Android phones:  Chrome and Firefox have 3 vertical dots in the upper right, tap the dots and select 'request desktop site' to check the box and it's the same process to go back to the mobile version, select 'request desktop site' to remove check. Other browsers will have the menu icon either at the top or on the bottom of the screen as 3 dots or 3 horizontal lines, look for the 'request desktop site' option.

Kindly let me know if this works for you.  iPhone users - I'm sorry - still looking for a solution to this but if this could benefit those of you who have Androids, I'll take it. :)  

Much love to you all,
Cap

I just used an old Android (Galaxy S9) and my WiFi to test this.  It works.  I see the same view I see on a a computer.  Obviously, I did not log in, but do have the option to sign in, and believe that once I do, I will see notifications and my mailbox, in the upper right corner.

Droid users - give this a shot?

• Capulet changed the title to Possible work-around for Android users to access notifications/mailboxes!