Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

New Site Upgrades - post your feedback, here!

Hi, everyone! 

Per my recent post in the site's News and Updates forum, I am putting forward this space for you all to tell us about your experiences with the site since we've upgraded our software.

According to @Rose, the site may present differently depending on your browser.  Please do tell us what browser you are using and if are able to use multiple browsers, which browser displays the site best for you.  Additionally I am seeing there are mailbox (PMs) issues and some notification issues for some of you.  We'd like to spend a little time gathering information from you all on whatever issues you are experiencing so that we can look into a solution.

We value and truly need your feedback, so please do let us know what's working for you, and what's not - and please do include the name of the browser(s) you use and any differences between browsers.

I will try to give notice if we need to go offline again in order to perform additional upgrades/fixes.  Normally we will try to give you all some notice if we know the site will be down, but this, unfortunately cannot always be helped.  

For your reference, please take down the following email address: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com - this is where the moderators can be reached to answer questions if the site/Help Desk is unavailable.

Thank you all for your patience!!  

Big hugs to you all,

- Cap

Hello. Glad we are back.

Have noticed one issue, for both as NST and as member...EDIT is not a function I am able to do. I usually use Firefox, but Edge does not have this function either.

I'll keep my out for any others.

2 hours ago, MeBeMary said:

Have noticed one issue, for both as NST and as member...EDIT is not a function I am able to do. I usually use Firefox, but Edge does not have this function either.

Oh, my.  This is a big one, especially for staff.  I also do not have edit on Safari.  I'll check Chrome!

Update:  Found it!  The EDIT function has been moved from below the post to these three little dots at the top right of your post.  

Looks like this --->       image.png

Click them three little dots and you'll get your edit feature.  Members may edit their content using this feature.  

- Cap

Hi, would appear they probably had to rewrite the theme for the site.

Quick note on Firefox focus the side menu where login button used to be isn't there any more, maybe I missed but does seem like it's not there anymore luckily I know the url for the login page so yeah.

Certainly was an interesting error 500 page though.

@Capulet I am not complaining just letting you know.

I do not have the options to access my messages, notifications or my profile on my mobile but I do have these options on my laptop - both using chrome. I have tried logging out and back in again on my phone which wasn't easy when you cant access you own profile! it is still not working :( 

I know that others are also not getting access to these at all, despite downloading other browsers.

Anyway, really  - IT IS JUST SO GOOD TO HAVE AS BACK. Thank you so much for all that you have done to get us back up and running again. 🧡 B

3 hours ago, BrightSide said:

I do not have the options to access my messages, notifications or my profile on my mobile

Same, using Safari. I’m not able to try on a laptop xx

@Capuletthank you for getting the site back up, I missed it and everyone. I am having problems accessing site from my mobile which is a big problem for me as this is my usual method of accessing it. It’s not always possible for me to access via a laptop. The only way I can access the site by my mobile - took me a while to work this out too - is to type ‘after silence login’ into google. If I just got to after silence main page and click on message and chat board there is no option to sign in. 

Even when I have managed to sign in on my mobile though I can’t see my messages and can’t find an option to access them.  I can’t see or access my notifications or profile either.

Edited by Free4ever
Just now, BrightSide said:

@Free4ever and @Tee06 and ALL members with message issues 

Im sorry that you can not access messages and not talk directly to your AS friends. I wanted to let you know that I have set up a thread for chat and support while messages are down 🧡 B

Thank you B. Hope your ok.

Hi All,

I am most often on mobile too. Often with no access to a "real" computer. Using chrome browser and also have no option for notifications or messages.

One new thing that I do like is the "unread replies__________________" line that conveniently remember where I last read from.

Thanks @BrightSide for setting up that thread.

Goodness I've missed you all so much!

RR

I mostly use either my desktop or laptop to access, but occasionally, I will use my mobile when I'm on the go and have a few minutes to spare for a quick check-in.  

I cannot see notifications or access my inbox, either.  I checked on my mobile while I was still in bed this morning, and the only way I can get into my inbox is to follow the pop-up notification if one appears.  It will only take me to the most recent message, and will allow me to respond but then I cannot see anything beyond that until I log into my desktop or laptop and can see all of the notifications/messages.

I know this is a problem and will be bringing this up to @Rose when I speak with her, next.  I'm not sure how long it will take for us to implement a fix but please be patient and assured that this is one of our top priorities. ❤️ 

Thank you to those who have taken the time to let us know about this issue!  Please continue to 'play around' with the site and let us know what your key areas of concern are.

Huggles to all,
Cap

I have no access to my profile, messages, or notifications. I’m on my phone (haven’t tried my computer) using Safari (I think).

@MzKeys75 - Do you have Android or an iPhone? There is a work-around (though I know it's a temporary solution for now - it's still a possible solution) for the Android.  I posted about it in this dropbox forum. 

17 minutes ago, Capulet said:

@MzKeys75 - Do you have Android or an iPhone? There is a work-around (though I know it's a temporary solution for now - it's still a possible solution) for the Android.  I posted about it in this dropbox forum. 

I have an iPhone. I did figure out how to get to my profile, but not my messages or notifications.

I have an iPhone, as well - and I tried this:

Once the website loads, click the “aA” icon available in the top corner positioned before the address bar. It opens the website view menu. From the available options, choose the “Request Desktop Website” option.

It didn't work for me.  :(  It's worth a try, though.  Additionally, you could download Chrome for iPhone to see if the result is the same?

I'm sorry.  Know that we're working on trying to find a solution to the mobile access.  As soon as I find one, I'll be sure to post it! 

❤️

Cap

4 minutes ago, Capulet said:

I have an iPhone, as well - and I tried this:

Once the website loads, click the “aA” icon available in the top corner positioned before the address bar. It opens the website view menu. From the available options, choose the “Request Desktop Website” option.

It didn't work for me.  :(  It's worth a try, though.  Additionally, you could download Chrome for iPhone to see if the result is the same?

I'm sorry.  Know that we're working on trying to find a solution to the mobile access.  As soon as I find one, I'll be sure to post it! 

❤️

Cap

Didn’t work for me, either, but it was worth a shot. Thank you for trying! 💗

@capulet just accessed the website via my laptop and discovered a totally new format.  It looks great. I then tried to access the website on my mobile phone (iphone) using safari.  The website comes up with the option to sign in.  Once i sign in I get the new format including my profile, my messages and notifications now.  Thank you very much for sorting all this.