Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

I'm new

karin

Hi everyone. 

My name is Karin and I had something bad happen to me almost 2 years ago, when I was 18. I haven't spoken to anyone about it but I know that I need to start to reflect and begin the healing process. Thank you all in advance for giving me a safe space to share and hopefully move on.

Karin xx

Dear karin

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Hi karin,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am so sorry something bad happened to you almost two years ago. Trauma is never deserved. You have found a very supportive place with many understanding members. You are not alone.

It often takes time to acknowledge and accept what we have gone thru and they are very important steps. It takes everyone a different amount of time to get to that point, but the important thing is that we do. I personally took quite awhile, but it's never too late. I'm glad you decided to reach out to our community, this is also another step. I wish you more and more forward steps as you travel down the path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome @karin to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

@karin, I’m so glad you found us. I just joined a week ago and it has been life changing. Just sharing with people who understand, who don’t need an explanation or justification, is a relief. I hope you find the same here.

Welcome @karin. I joined earlier this month and I have found quite a bit of encouragement here. You are not alone. Just knowing that helps a lot.

Edited by Eph320NY
On 10/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, missfrier said:
On 10/21/2020 at 3:29 PM, karin said:

Hi everyone. 

My name is Karin and I had something bad happen to me almost 2 years ago, when I was 18. I haven't spoken to anyone about it but I know that I need to start to reflect and begin the healing process. Thank you all in advance for giving me a safe space to share and hopefully move on.

Karin xx

Welcome Karin,

I am fairly new here as well, knowing we are not alone is a big help for me. 

Welcome to After Silence @karin - you've come to the right place and we value you as part of our community. You'll find so much support here.

I'm so sorry you have reason to be here. It's awful something bad happened to you almost 2 years ago when you were 18, and I'm so sorry for any difficult memories and emotions you've been left with. Reflecting on them and starting the healing process is a courageous thing to do - we're here for you while you do that. 

Being here, amongst others who truly understand how complex your healing process is, is a great help. You'll find a unique kind of empathy and sensitivity amongst your new After Silence friends - we're here to listen and offer support. 

Sending warmth and respect, 

LisaButterfly  

Hi Karin,

I am so sorry for what you have gone through. But know that we are here to listen and support you. I wish you the very best in your journey towards healing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I just wanted to thank you all for responding so kindly. I am tearing up while writing this because I just feel so relieved. You don't know how much your words mean

Thank you

Karin