Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

It took me so long...

Vinsami

To get to this point of looking for help. I never wanted to put a name to what happened to me. I still can’t say it. But my body is telling me I can’t handle this on my own anymore. I’m struggling with a lot of anxiety and even panic attacks sometimes. But I am thankful that my body is shouting at me to do something. To start to heal. I’m currently looking for a program for group and individual therapy. I’m really happy I found this place. I’ve already benefited from it, like the advice do have a sort of “bug out” bag. I’m putting one together of my fav comforts. 

I’m looking forward to sharing and supporting <3

QDear vinsami

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Welcome @Vinsami to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @Vinsami

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma that brought you here, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. It is never too late to begin the healing process. This is a wonderful site, filed with caring and supportive people. We are all here to support each other through the healing process. You are welcome to post or share on the site whenever you feel comfortable. I look forward to seeing you around the site and wish you the best on your healing journey. 

Hi Vinsami,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry for what you experienced. We know putting a name to it can be very difficult. It's ok to take your time on coming to terms with it. You are here, so we know you were hurt. This is never fair or deserved. We are here to support you. You are not alone.

Feel free to take a look around. This community is filled with understanding members and you can share as little or as much as you are comfortable with. It is a step forward to decide to face it, it's a step forward to look for a program, and it is a step forward to reach out here. Healing is all about steps and you have officially begun this process. I wish you many more steps.

Mary

:youcanheal: