Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

A nervous hello

Hi there, 

A friend of mine who is a social worker recommended finding a group like this, and I'm so pleased I found this one. The name of this site is very apt for my situation. I'm really nervous, but also have hope that this group will be of help. My aim is to accept what happened to me (my rollercoaster is rather tempestuous at the moment) and while I do that I'd like to be a support to you all as much as I can. 

Thank you for gathering like this. 

All the warmth in the world,

LisaButterfly 

Edited by LisaButterfly

Dear lisabutterfly

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

16 minutes ago, LisaButterfly said:

Hi there, 

A friend of mine who is a social worker recommended finding a group like this, and I'm so pleased I found this one. The name of this site is very apt for my situation. I'm really nervous, but also have hope that this group will be of help. My aim is to accept what happened to me (my rollercoaster is rather tempestuous at the moment) and while I do that I'd like to be a support to you all as much as I can. 

Thank you for gathering like this. 

All the warmth in the world,

LisaButterfly 

Hello LisaButterfly! 

Nice to meet you, I am Wanna :flowers:

It is perfectly normal to be nervous about these things. After all, opening up and joining a community is a big step. I am happy you decided to join us!

This is a place to share and vent within what you feel comfortable with, receive support and create a network with other survivors. We tend to relate to another here, and your support to others is highly welcomed as well. Thanks for offering! 

What brought you here, I am truly sorry for. Being in a "roller coaster" is something I have heard about before, describing the emotional turns during processing. Please know that After Silence is here for you. 

My warmest welcomes. Hope to see your around :aswelcomesu: :notalone:

- Wanna ☀️

Thank you Wanna, I really appreciate your lovely reply. I'm not by myself in this am I... it feels comforting to be in a place where so many people understand each other, knowing this group has been a help to you all. 

Huge amounts of respect to you all. 

LisaButterfly 

5 minutes ago, LisaButterfly said:

Thank you Wanna, I really appreciate your lovely reply. I'm not by myself in this am I... it feels comforting to be in a place where so many people understand each other, knowing this group has been a help to you all. 

Huge amounts of respect to you all. 

LisaButterfly 

Respect to you too! You own your story, and I encourage you to keep using your words. 

No, you are not alone. Neither should you have to be. You deserve to feel safe and acknowledged. 

Wanna ☀️ 

@LisaButterfly 

Welcome! I’m a newer member myself and I’ve received lots of support. It’s been helpful for me knowing I’m not alone and that others feel the same way as me. At times I feel like I’m going crazy and this group helps me realize I’m not and that my feelings are normal given the situation. Although the things that brought us all here are horrible and should not happen to anyone, I’m grateful for the support from everyone on here. Remember it’s okay to share as little or as much as you want. This is your journey and you decide how it’s going to go. Be gentle to yourself during the process and realize it’s okay that you’re feelings are like a roller coaster. It’s a perfect analogy of the healing process-full of ups and downs. Sending hugs if okay. 

Thank you Butterfly2166. 

I'm so pleased to read you've recieved lots of support, and you're right, you're not alone and others do feel the same as you and understand. It's so good to speak to people who 'get it' because they're survivors too, and it does seem to settle the brain knowing new and frightening feelings are part of a process that's to be expected in the circumstances. 

I'm so new to this. Seeing 'Survivor' as my membership type looks strange at the moment, but it's sinking in. I'm learning all the time and this group is 'helping me with my homework' so to speak.  

I have so much respect for you all. I wish our situations never happened, but I'm so pleased this group exists to help with the ups and downs during the rollercoaster ride. 

Hugs accepted, thank you. The offer of a hug coming your way too. 

Welcome @LisaButterfly to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  It makes sense you would be nervous posting here for the first time.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi LisaButterfly,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am sorry for the reasons you are here, but know you will find tons of support. This community is filled with understanding and kind members. Take your time and look around. Feel free to interact where you feel comfortable. You are not alone. I wish you well on this journey we call healing.

Mary

:youcanheal: