Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Hey there

I’m a 47 year old lady who loves plants and crafts.  I make my own pots and am currently working on refining my decoupage skills.

I just bought a house to renovate and it’s a huge project.  I have a handyman boyfriend who has helped me turn this place around and continues to support me heavily during these projects.

i have a roommate who is my best friend and has had similar challenges as I have so, we really provide a great support structure for each other and I love her like a sister.

Im here for a couple of reasons.  I have a few things I’d like to discuss with like minded individuals who have similar experiences as I’ve had.  I’ve made great strides in my healing process through counseling, forums and reading but still have some way to go.  Another reason I am here is I’m looking for a group forum for my friend as well.  She struggles with many of the issues that survivors battle with and I am her only resource right now.  In my beginning struggles, group was so much help to me and I’m hoping she will maybe join this forum and experience some validation and healing.

Anywho, Hi! Glad to be here.

Hello @Maryphanalia Welcome to After Silence, I am Wanna :flowers:

It makes me happy to hear that you seem busy with things you like and in company of a helpful partner and a best friend. You hobbies sound delightful! 

I am truly and deeply sorry for your trauma. This is a place to do exactly what you just described, to relate and discuss, and to feel a constant source of support. Your friend is of course invited to apply for an account as well! We have a wide diversity of survivors here, and we do not judge. We respect your story as your own and want you to heal at your own pace. For all the ups and downs, After Silence will be here. 

I am glad that you seem to have done a bit of healing already and that you had support before. This platform wants to meet up survivors at any point of their journey. 

If you would have any questions or want to vent/chat, us staff always has doors open :aswelcomesu: :notalone:

Stay safe and hope to see you around

- Wanna ☀️

Dear mary

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always q to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,

missfrier

Welcome @Maryphanalia to After Silence.  Those sound like cool hobbies and I'm happy to hear about your boyfriend as well.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

Hi @Maryphanalia I love crafts too!  Maybe if you feel comfortable, you might choose to post about some of your favorites, there's a forum for creativity here, and I love it when people post drawings and other fun stuff!  I love crochet, drawing, hand lettering, and singing, myself (and probably a dozen more other things I experiment with from time to time). Welcome!  I hope you and your friend find a comfortable supportive place here (I know I feel that way for sure). 🙂

Hi Mary,

I like your name. :)  Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for all you have gone thru. Do know it was undeserved and unfair. I'm glad that there has been strides in your healing and we are here for you for those uncertain moments of struggle we tend to all face. This community is filled with supportive and understanding survivors who can relate in many ways. I am glad that you have a good 'real life' support system, but it's always good to have extra.

You mention your friend, and yes, she is invited to join, if she likes. If she is a survivor or a secondary survivor, whichever she may be, there is a place for her here. It is not always easy, but having others there to listen and interact is a helpful and to be honest, a relief...or so I find it to be.

Take your time to look around and know we are here for you, to validate your experience and walk thru your struggles with you. I wish you well on this continuing journey of healing.

Mary

:supportu:

Hello @Maryphanalia It's awesome to meet you! Welcome to AS!  I’m glad you have joined and I hope you (and maybe your friend) will find this community to be supporting and comforting as I have found it to be. Also, I saw your pots and craft work on the most recent healing and creativity post! Beautiful work! I'd love to see more. 😊💕