Hi, I'm Elizabeth.  This is the first group I've ever joined.

I recently left and divorced my abusive husband.  This time I was in the hospital for two weeks.  I'm safe now.  He's in jail without bail.  But I'm still terrified of him.  I live in an assisted living facility.  I have my own room.  It's pretty nice.

I don't know if I said to much.  Mostly I'm alone.

Elizabeth

🐈

Hi Elizabeth,

I am very sorry for the trauma you endured at the hands of your husband. He had no right to hurt you and I am glad you are away from him. It takes bravery to leave and put yourself first. It may not feel like it yet, but you are very courageous. It is difficult to leave a relationship, so you did good. I know the fear is still there, but I hope with time you will find ways to ease the fear. It is another step in the healing process, as is reaching out to others.

Feel free to look around the site. We have many members that can relate. You will find support and understanding and kindness. Do not doubt you deserve kindness. Interact with others where you feel comfortable. I wish you the very best as you move forward down this path of healing.

Mary

:notalone: 

Welcome, Elizabeth!  I'm so glad you are safe, now.  

I hope you find peace, comfort, friendship and healing, here.  

All the best,

Cap

Dear Elizabeth

I am sorry for all that you have been through.   You have been so brave in reaching out to us, please know that this is never easy!   We are all here for you and we want to support you.  You're not alone in your healing journey and are always welcome to lean on us for extra support.  You can post as much or as little as you like.  We are here to support you in the way you need.  I have found this community to be very helpful.  Everyone is so understanding and non-judgmental and I am hoping you feel the same way once you've gotten to know us a little.   

All my best,
missfrier

4 hours ago, Elizabeth56 said:

Hi, I'm Elizabeth.  This is the first group I've ever joined.

I recently left and divorced my abusive husband.  This time I was in the hospital for two weeks.  I'm safe now.  He's in jail without bail.  But I'm still terrified of him.  I live in an assisted living facility.  I have my own room.  It's pretty nice.

I don't know if I said to much.  Mostly I'm alone.

Elizabeth

🐈

Hello Elizabeth! I am Wanna :flowers:

You didn't say too much. This is a platform where you are invited to vent and share, receive support and connect with other survivors. 

I am truly sorry for your trauma, please know that we believe you and that you own your story. Good thing you found us and decided to join. Hope to see you around here! :youcanheal:

- Wanna ☀️

Hi nice to meet you all.  I'm having trouble sleeping again

I'm on sleep meds that my psychiatrist ordered.

Welcome @Elizabeth56 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping as well.  If you are allowed to have and able to get lavender spray where you are you could try spraying some on your pillow, it helps some people to sleep.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me. 

4 hours ago, Elizabeth56 said:

Hi nice to meet you all.  I'm having trouble sleeping again

I'm on sleep meds that my psychiatrist ordered.

If you have insomnia or nightmares, you can post about it if you like, as well about taking sleeping medications. Challenged sleep is very usual for survivors, especially in the beginning of processing. Here if you need to talk, you can PM me any time!

All best

- Wanna 

Edited by WannaMoveOn

Thanks for the suggestions.  This might sound stupid.  I wasn't allowed to have friends for a long time.    It's very nice to have you in my corner.  Being so helpful and supportive.  I feel like I'm making friends here.

I'm on anti-

depressioneds.  Meds for sleep and anxiety.  I have bad panic attacks.  I have severe PTSD and depression.  I was abused by my stepdad and brother to.  It started around age 7 and lasted until my teens.  I have a good therapist, psychiatrist and primary Dr.

It will take a while to physically recover.  

Sorry for going on and on.

Hope you have a good day.

Elizabeth

It doesn't sound stupid, Elizabeth. When one is in an abusive relationship, often times the abuser is controlling, manipulative and narcissistic. I'm sure he had "rules" you had to abide by, otherwise the abuse would be even worse and he would say it was your fault. Do know it was NOT your fault. You deserved to be treated with respect and with basic human decency. This goes for the experiences you went thru as a child, too. Not a spouse, a father, a sibling or anyone has the right to take this away from you.

We are in your corner. You are not alone. I am glad you have found us. Safe :hug: to you, if ok.