Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Stepping off the ledge of fear

Hi everyone. I’m literally in tears typing this now. The anxiety is unreal. I’m trying to deal with my trauma and have been in counseling for 2 years. Sometimes I feel like I’m never gonna heal. It’s incredibly hard for me to share. I don’t easily trust and have lots off walls built up but I’m trying not to let my fear control my life anymore. Sometimes I question if I was born just to see how much pain one person can take. I’m hoping maybe talking to others who can understand my pain will help me with my process of healing.

Edited by Butterfly2166
Wanted to take out stuff that I didn’t want fully available to nonmembers

QDear butterly

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

Hello @Butterfly2166 , I am Wanna. I want to offer you my warmest welcoming to this platform :flowers:

You are being very brave for opening up. Having a community can be a great relief and resource during critical times. This is a place to vent and share within the limits of what you feel comfortable with. You can receive support here and discuss with other members. If you had a chance to browse around the site a bit, you might have noticed that we have plenty of forums here. This platform carries a wide diversity of survivors. 

I am truly sorry for your pain. You are not alone. Feeling like healing is unachievable is a place many survivors experience. Some experience it once, others several times, but it is important that you talk about it every time you go into that head space. Your words are a valuable tool, and you own your story. I am here to tell you, that by opening up today, you have made an important step. Not letting fear taking control is strong and crucial. After Silence is here for the bad days, good days and anything in between. 

We want to have your back, and if you would have questions, need to chat/vent or anything at all, us staff has doors open!

Good luck and once again, welcome :supportu: :youcanheal:

All best

- Wanna ☀️

Edited by WannaMoveOn

Hi Butterfly,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for the trauma you experienced and the struggles you have been facing. What happened to you was wrong and undeserved. I'm sorry you are hurting. This community is very supportive and kind. You will find many who understand what you've been thru. You are not alone.

Take your time and look around and interact where you feel comfortable. You do not need to share until you feel ready. It will get easier, both being here and to start moving forward on your journey of healing. Do know you were born for better things. You are worthy of a good life and I think in time, you might find the best path for you. Wishing you the best on this journey.

Mary

:notalone:

Welcome @Butterfly2166 to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  Take your time exploring and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.