Some browsers are having difficulty with functionality. Please try an alternative browser, if this is happening to you. If you are having connectivity issues beyond this or or need assistance, email us at: aftersilence.moderators@gmail.com! ×

Maybe I'm too late?

briamarie

Hi, 

I think I've been trying to *heal* for about a year and a half, maybe 2 and I feel worse than when I did when I finally understood what happened to me. After being on different message boards for a few days just looking around, I'm starting to realize that I may have experienced way more abuse than I originally thought and I just didnt know what to call it or never realized it was abuse until now? So ... I am very confused and looking to feel less alone and afraid of healing. 

Dear briamarie

I would like to welcome you to After Silence's forums.  We are all here for you and want to support you in any way we can. I know that posting for the first time can be scary.  Please don't worry, though; you will always be given so much support from our lovely community and its members.  You're not alone - we are with you.

You will soon receive an official welcome message in your inbox.  Please feel free to respond to that PM if you have any questions about the forum or if you need some help finding your way around the site. 

Take care and keep reaching out!! 

18 minutes ago, briamarie said:

Hi, 

I think I've been trying to *heal* for about a year and a half, maybe 2 and I feel worse than when I did when I finally understood what happened to me. After being on different message boards for a few days just looking around, I'm starting to realize that I may have experienced way more abuse than I originally thought and I just didnt know what to call it or never realized it was abuse until now? So ... I am very confused and looking to feel less alone and afraid of healing. 

Hello briamarie and welcome to After Silence! 🌻 I am Wanna. You are not too late, I can assure :) 

I am truly sorry for your trauma and what you have to cope with. As you get more informed and remember, the more you might realize how bad your situation was. It sure takes time to process.

I understand that you feel confused now, our brains can only take so much at the time. Talking about it and exchange experiences is a way to both breaking the silence and to comprehend your previous situation better. 

I am happy you decided to join and hope that After Silence will be a safe place for you. Take care and if you would have questions, need to chat/vent or anything at all, staff has doors open for you! :notalone: :youcanheal:

Take care and stay safe, 

- Wanna ☀️ 

Hi @briamarie

Welcome to AS. I'm sorry for the trauma you experienced, but I'm glad you found the site and decided to join. It is never to late to heal! Healing is a long process. It takes time and it is a journey filled with ups and downs. It can be hard at times, but you will make it through. Here at AS we are all here to help each other heal. Everyone is so caring and supportive and you are welcome to reach out anytime you need advice, validation, or even just a hug. Sometimes talking and sharing with other survivors can help you to feel less alone. We are all here for you. Keep reaching out.  

8 hours ago, briamarie said:

Hi, 

Hi briamarie,

Welcome to AfterSilence. I am very sorry for what you have experienced, even if you are still beginning to realize what it actually was. Sadly, this is common, as who really wants to admit such awful things have happened to us and there are people out there who will hurt? You are not alone.

I know healing isn't easy and it isn't as fast as we like, but it is possible. Just taking a step to reach out to others who understand is huge. Realizing you are not alone and that you are supported and validated no matter what is also a big thing. So you are taking steps that will lead you further down this path we call healing. I wish you the best on this journey.

Mary

:supportu: 

Welcome @briamarie to After Silence.  I’m sorry for what brought you here but I’m happy you are here reaching out for support.  Good job taking this step in your healing process.  You are not alone and what happened to you wasn’t your fault.  It's never too late to heal.  Take your time exploring here and post when you are ready.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.